WTB: Drivers side upper seat cushion from a 67-69 Armrest Benchseat

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Ben

WTB: Drivers side upper seat cushion from a 67-69 Armrest Benchseat

WANTED: 1967-69 Arm-Rest bench seat Drivers side upper cushion

Restoring a seat for a customer(who is also a member here), and this one piece of his must have been made on a Monday or a Friday because the whole thing is welded together cockeyed. Its not bent, it looks to have been made that way.

Anyway, Thinking if i can locate a suitable replacement, it may be better than trying to bend this one back to square.

I ONLY WANT THE DRIVERS SIDE UPPER CUSHION not the whole seat.
Must be from a bench seat with armrests. 67-69 Cutlass/442, Lemans/GTO, Skylark/GS.

Let me know what you've got and what you need for it. I'm located in 98012 Pictures please.

Thanks!
Ben
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Ben,
Can you use the upper cushion from a '70-'72 seat with the center arm rest? I have a couple of them, but no older ones.
Scott
Old April 14th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Ben

I'm not sure... I know on the NON-armrest seatbacks they changed the design in 71/72 and they had a metal pan instead of springs in them and the shape was different.

Would you be opposed to cutting the back side on one open, and taking some measurements & pics so I could compare the frame design?

Ideally if you could cut it along the sides, top, and the middle of the back (just above where the flaps join) We could see what we need. No need to do anything to the front- its the back where the frame is.

(i do understand completely if you don't want to cut up a cushion to experiment for me)

I can post up a photo tonight of the ones I have here (already stripped and powder coated for comparison)

Thanks-
Ben