WTB 70 W30 4 SPD Carb and Dizzy

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2015, 11:11 AM

WTB 70 W30 4 SPD Carb and Dizzy

Looking to by original Qjet Carb and Distributor for my 70 w30 4 SPD. Only interested in original none re-stamped parts.

Thanks, Mark
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:33 AM

Welcome. I see you are new. I would recommend when you find one to post quality pictures of the numbers here before you buy it if you can. There are great people with great experience here that can confirm if it is real or not. There are far more restamps out there than real ones. I don't know if he still has it but Ron Memmer had one a short while back and had a fair price on it compared to others I seen.
Old May 8th, 2015, 06:06 PM

Thank you. I have been into Chevelles for years have several SS Cars but this is my first Olds in years. Not sure its a real W-30. The vin on the engine is matching except the first number of the last six. May have been a mistake or just a someone lucky finding a 70 motor. Whats weird is everything on the engine but the carb and distributor are correct parts and the date codes look right. It's a Black with parchment interior 4 spd post. I have not looked for a build sheet yet. The car was built Dec 69 at the M code plant.
Old May 8th, 2015, 07:06 PM

Welcome to the site. I also have a Dec of 69 W-30. Mine is the 4th week of December. The early cars are a bit different than the later ones. A December car will have OLDSMOBILE spelled out on the intake. A later car (mid to late January) will just have OLDS. Also the tachometer wire on yours will not be braided. Later cars have a shielded wire for the tachometer wire.

M is Lansing. Lansing is the only place W30s were built. Of course standard 442s were built there as well.

How about posting some pictures of your car and of the VIN stamp? Mistakes do happen with the VIN stamp but it is usually the last number in the sequence.
Old May 9th, 2015, 08:27 PM

I will try to post some pics of the vin on the block. It is in a much harder location to photograph than on my Chevelles. I bought the car as a regular 442 and if it turns out to be a real w-30 that will be icing on the cake. The options on the car are OAI hood and original air cleaner, early w-30 intake, all the right casting #'s on the block,heads and exhaust. The brakes are manual discs, correct Hurst shifter, TO rear end with 4:33 Ratio, rear sway bar, boxed lower control arms etc. I know these can always be added but the car looks to be untouched for at least 30 years. I'm not sure what other signs to look for on the car except a build sheet. the vin# is 344770M214102
Old May 10th, 2015, 08:08 AM

Does it have original faded red inner fender wells or repops? It does have the F heads as well?
Old May 10th, 2015, 10:14 AM

The inner fender are repops. Any other ways to tell?
Old May 10th, 2015, 11:40 AM

It is unlikely that the F heads are my replicas, for I have done very few. A close clear shot of the F and I could tell. Look for the heads' date codes also, there are few dates for real F's.

Looks pretty nice.

The parts you seek are among the most commonly fabricated. You are strongly urged to share photos of the exact details of the number stamps BEFORE sending money to a seller. Location, font, depth, evenness of stamp... there are folks who can spot even the best fakery. Some reside here.

Last edited by Octania; May 10th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old May 10th, 2015, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the advice on the restamped items. The heads are real f heads as are all the other items but it stills not a legit w30 without the paperwork although the engine vin may be right. I won't purchase a carb or dizzy unless I'M confident on it being a true w-30. Where is the best place to look for a build sheet on a Lansing built car?
Old May 11th, 2015, 08:09 PM

Warning :to other guys looking for parts.

The only replys I have received are from scam artist. Some are real good, showing me pic's of Qjets and even one showing a restamped dist pic. It's bad enough when some guys lie about restamped parts. None of the respondents on my want ad even had parts. They are all from overseas and getting very good at their game. Be very careful when purchasing anything and never use any type of money gram or western union. Only pay someone with a payment type that gives you recourse,IE Paypal,credit card etc.
Old May 12th, 2015, 09:42 AM

Gotta love them guys

they have "your part" fer sure.
In England of course
Well, the last idiot claimed to be in the USA

Ask 'em for a Left handed oversize Frammis valve for your 443 - they got it. Just send money.

Be sure to fwd their mail with a complaint to abuse@[their provider]

example

RichardSmoker@gmail.com

sends you an offer

you reply and cc to abuse@gmail.com with something like

"Please delete this scammer's account [RichardSmoker@gmail.com ] at once.
Thanks. "
Old May 12th, 2015, 12:40 PM

was this the car that was for sale in the Tucson area?

https://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/fo...442-Tucson.php
Old May 12th, 2015, 01:58 PM

Yes, It's a neat car, needs a small amout of TLC has been sitting for awhile. Bad gas and stuff like that.
Old May 13th, 2015, 08:04 AM

Cool. Have a friend with a legit W30 post/4spd very close to that, black interior bench seat car though. Hope it turns out to be legit for you... check for build sheet under rear seat, over gas tank, inside interior seats/panels. Odds are low but you may get lucky.
Old May 13th, 2015, 10:34 AM

If its a real W30, there will not be a build sheet in the car. None of the lansing W cars came with build sheets. You may however get lucky and find the broadcast card which will have "W30" on it i believe in the number 3 box. That would be all the proof you need! Hope you find it! Awesome ride!