Wanted 1975 4 Door Cutlass parts

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2018, 06:51 PM

Wanted 1975 4 Door Cutlass parts

The quarter window seals (if it is possible new) with the inside retainer, and the vinyltop left chrome corner molding (Brocken in the middle) with the holding screws also for the right side.

The right front door molding!

Could anyone help me to find this parts? Sorry, my English is not very well. If you have some questions, please ask me.

Mike
Old October 21st, 2018, 07:01 PM
Hookers under Hood

Have a look a Fusicks website, the parts place also . They have some 73-77 olds parts . I would stay away from Original Parts Group , the shipping costs often exceed the part price. Well to Canada anyway.

Eric
Old October 21st, 2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
Have a look a Fusicks website, the parts place also . They have some 73-77 olds parts . I would stay away from Original Parts Group , the shipping costs often exceed the part price. Well to Canada anyway.

Eric
Hi Eric, thank you. I already asked them. But they told me they have nothing. But I try again.

Mike
Old October 21st, 2018, 09:15 PM

There is a mostly complete '74 Cutlass Salon 4 Dr with vinyl top and floor console/shifter like yours being parted at a junk yard in my area. Too bad I didn't know you needed the parts until today as I was just out there yesterday. Not sure when I can get back there...but I'm sure it will be in the next few weeks if you don't find what you're looking for in the meantime.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by crimsoncolby
There is a mostly complete '74 Cutlass Salon 4 Dr with vinyl top and floor console/shifter like yours being parted at a junk yard in my area. Too bad I didn't know you needed the parts until today as I was just out there yesterday. Not sure when I can get back there...but I'm sure it will be in the next few weeks if you don't find what you're looking for in the meantime.
Hi crimsoncolby. Do you have an email-address? So I could get in contact by myself. Or could you contact him by telephone. Thanks a lot. I hope, the car will not be crashed.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:29 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Mike71
Hi Eric, thank you. I already asked them. But they told me they have nothing. But I try again.

Mike
I know they don't have much for the 2 door 73-77's but I figured they would have the window sweeps . They stock them for the 2 door cars only I guess.
I think the 4 door Malibu's, Buick century's from 74-75 would have similar parts if someone could locate one.
I hope someone here can help you out soon Mike!

Eric

Last edited by 76olds; October 22nd, 2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
I know they don't have much for the 2 door 73-77's but I figured they would have the window sweeps . They stock them for the 2 door cars only I guess.
I think the 4 door Malibu's, Buick century's from 74-75 would have similar parts if someone could locate one.
I hope someone here can help you out soon Mike!

Eric
Hi Eric. I wrote again Fusick because of sister models. They do not have anything. But they gived me another Email-adress. I also made an Email for Billions & Trillions. But I did not yet get an answer.
I like your 76 Olds with the stickers.
Mike
Old October 23rd, 2018, 02:04 PM

Mike, DO NOT purchase from Billions and Trillions. Members here have had some very bad experiences with him. Here's some old threads discussing him.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...trillions.html
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...trillions.html
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ions-scam.html
Old October 23rd, 2018, 02:21 PM

Mike...you need to stay FAR, FAR AWAY from Billions and Trillions! The guy is a complete joke...and much has been written on this forum about his dubious business practices. Do a Search of Billions and Trillions on this site and you'll see what I mean.

I'll try and get out to visit that yard I mentioned asap. They aren't going to be interested in pulling these items for you...I'll have to do that. Also, I can almost guarantee they won't be crushing it anytime soon as it still has those nice comfy Salon bucket seats, console/shifter and most all the other parts. BTW...I'm not aware of anyone reproducing these parts you're looking for, either. According to my Hollander Interchange manual, the qtr glass is shared with '73-'77 Century, Chevelle/Malibu and Lemans. There are a few of these models I know of, too. I'll keep you posted...and, please do the same if you find them sooner.

Last edited by crimsoncolby; October 23rd, 2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old October 25th, 2018, 11:36 AM

Mike...you need to stay FAR, FAR AWAY from Billions and Trillions! The guy is a complete joke...and much has been written on this forum about his dubious business practices. Do a Search of Billions and Trillions on this site and you'll see what I mean.

I'll try and get out to visit that yard I mentioned asap. They aren't going to be interested in pulling these items for you...I'll have to do that. Also, I can almost guarantee they won't be crushing it anytime soon as it still has those nice comfy Salon bucket seats, console/shifter and most all the other parts. BTW...I'm not aware of anyone reproducing these parts you're looking for, either. According to my Hollander Interchange manual, the qtr glass is shared with '73-'77 Century, Chevelle/Malibu and Lemans. There are a few of these models I know of, too. I'll keep you posted...and, please do the same if you find them sooner.
Thanks for the warning. I made an announce in a magazin from Europe. But it does not look good. I contact the addresses which I find in Switzerland.
Old October 25th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by Mike71
Hi Eric. I wrote again Fusick because of sister models. They do not have anything. But they gived me another Email-adress. I also made an Email for Billions & Trillions. But I did not yet get an answer.
I like your 76 Olds with the stickers.

Mike
I have to agree with others about Billions & Trillions.
Parts will turn up here . Olds guys like to help Olds guys. Some actually go out of their way to help! Thanks for the Like !, I see you have a few stickers as well , I have many more if you would like some !
Cheers
Eric
Old October 27th, 2018, 11:51 PM

Hello friends, while browsing, I still found this here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223192184695
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323502643123

If I type my car, it says it is not compatible, what do you think?

The car looks good and the rubbers are nice. Does anybody know this seller?
However, he does not deliver to Europe.

Mike
Old October 28th, 2018, 04:19 AM
Hookers under Hood

Mike,

Those parts with fit your 75. I don't know the seller but some members here may have had some dealings with them.
If you are really interested in them, Perhaps a member in the U.S could purchase them and deliver them your way.
I'm in Canada, it would be more costly if I were to purchase them and ship to you , our CAD$-USD$ isn't very good at the moment .
I purchase parts from the U.S often so..,
I can help if needed.

Eric
Old October 28th, 2018, 08:42 AM

As stated previously, the Hollander Interchange manual confirms the qtr windows are the same.

[QUOTE=crimsoncolby: According to my Hollander Interchange manual, the qtr glass is shared with '73-'77 Century, Chevelle/Malibu and Lemans. There are a few of these models I know of, too. I'll keep you posted...and, please do the same if you find them sooner.[/QUOTE]
Old October 30th, 2018, 10:50 AM

As stated previously, the Hollander Interchange manual confirms the qtr windows are the same.
Hello friends, I contacted the ebay seller. There are bad news. He has nothing for my Olds. Now I have all my hope in you. I do not have anymore ideas. It could be, that I need more parts. I also need maybe windshield and rearwindow chrom moldings, because they are damaged. Could you help me? I am very sorry. It is clear, that I pay the work and the parts.
Thanks for your help that I really need!

Mike
Old October 30th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Hookers under Hood

Mike,
You can try PM'ing..... Paladin31, His name is Brett. He has a good amount of 73-77 olds parts . He supplies most of us 73-77 guys with windshield trim, interior parts etc . Heck of a nice guy !
Hopefully he will be able to hook you up with all the parts you need.

Eric
Old November 1st, 2018, 08:27 AM

I hope to make a run back out to the JY this Saturday and will check on these parts for you. If you need the front and back window moldings, now would be a good time to let me know. Because this yard is about an hour away, I'd probably just go out on a limb and pull whatever parts I can find in nice condition and save the time and money of making return trips. Prices are always fair, so that's not a problem. I just don't want to get stuck with them since demand for 4 dr parts are so low. Let me know.
Old November 1st, 2018, 11:15 AM

Hi crimsoncolby, thank you for your suggestion. I need absolutley the parts, which you can see on the pictures (quarter window seal and the fixation, chrome moldings on the vinyl top corner left and right, all in a good condition). If you find the window moldings for the windsheald in good condition and for a good price, I would also take them. If you do not exactly know what I mean, please ask me again, because my English is not very well.

@Eric, thank you very much for your suggestion. I will register to this Forum to search for spare parts to a later time.

Mike
Old November 2nd, 2018, 02:59 AM

I hope to make a run back out to the JY this Saturday and will check on these parts for you. If you need the front and back window moldings, now would be a good time to let me know. Because this yard is about an hour away, I'd probably just go out on a limb and pull whatever parts I can find in nice condition and save the time and money of making return trips. Prices are always fair, so that's not a problem. I just don't want to get stuck with them since demand for 4 dr parts are so low. Let me know.
Hi crimsoncolby, thank you for your suggestion. I need absolutley the parts, which you can see on the pictures (quarter window seal and the fixation, chrome moldings on the vinyl top corner left and right, all in a good condition). If you find the window moldings for the windsheald in good condition and for a good price, I would also take them. If you do not exactly know what I mean, please ask me again, because my English is not very well.

I forgot to mention the right front door sash molding!

@Eric, thank you very much for your suggestion. I will register to this Forum to search for spare parts to a later time.

Mike
Old November 3rd, 2018, 04:22 PM

Hello, Mike. Here are some pics of the parts I was able to get for you off the '74 Cutlass Salon. I was able to find the vinyl top corner trims, windshield trim and passenger side (RH) quarter window weatherstrip in good condition. The vinyl top corner trims and windshield trims look very nice for used parts. They are among the best I can ever find at the junk yards on any car of this era. Not sure how to describe the qtr window w/strip except that it isn't dry-rotted; nor torn. But, it's still a 44 yr old rubber part. I carefully removed it so as to not damage it. The metal frame that supports it does have some ugly rust on the bottom. I suspect this was a very common problem with these windows. I noticed the factory used a heavy dose of butyl sealant at the bottom corners to help prevent water leakage.

As for the driver side qtr window w/strip, there was about a 1 inch split in the rubber at the bottom and so I left it on the car. I'm including a photo to show that. The front passenger side beltline window molding was weathered with multiple cracks in the soft rubber window wiper portion...and, many small cracks in the rubber coating along the bottom edge. Unfortunately, this is how virtually all of them look after 40+ yrs. It's been a rare find when I discover one that isn't like this. I didn't have time to get to the junk yard further away before the rain arrived. Not sure if I'd have any better luck as those cars have been sitting outside for many years. But, might get lucky on at least the driver side qtr window w/strip. Just don't know how soon I'll have time or large enough list of parts to search for to justify running out there (it's 125 miles away).

Last edited by crimsoncolby; November 3rd, 2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:56 AM

Hello, Mike. Here are some pics of the parts I was able to get for you off the '74 Cutlass Salon. I was able to find the vinyl top corner trims, windshield trim and passenger side (RH) quarter window weatherstrip in good condition. The vinyl top corner trims and windshield trims look very nice for used parts. They are among the best I can ever find at the junk yards on any car of this era. Not sure how to describe the qtr window w/strip except that it isn't dry-rotted; nor torn. But, it's still a 44 yr old rubber part. I carefully removed it so as to not damage it. The metal frame that supports it does have some ugly rust on the bottom. I suspect this was a very common problem with these windows. I noticed the factory used a heavy dose of butyl sealant at the bottom corners to help prevent water leakage.

As for the driver side qtr window w/strip, there was about a 1 inch split in the rubber at the bottom and so I left it on the car. I'm including a photo to show that. The front passenger side beltline window molding was weathered with multiple cracks in the soft rubber window wiper portion...and, many small cracks in the rubber coating along the bottom edge. Unfortunately, this is how virtually all of them look after 40+ yrs. It's been a rare find when I discover one that isn't like this. I didn't have time to get to the junk yard further away before the rain arrived. Not sure if I'd have any better luck as those cars have been sitting outside for many years. But, might get lucky on at least the driver side qtr window w/strip. Just don't know how soon I'll have time or large enough list of parts to search for to justify running out there (it's 125 miles away).

Hi Crimsoncolby
Thanks for unscrewing the parts and the time you needed for it. The chrome parts are really in a remarkable condition, the retainer for the quarter windows I can let repair, from 4 do 2 ;-). Maybe I have found another alternative for the ruppers to make them new. But I have to send them first to the producer and have to see what the costs are! Please tell me what the parts, your work and shipping cost, so I can transfer the money! Please give me your IBAN number. Thanks.
Concerned the rubbers it does not hurry, because the car is in the Body Shop until May 2019. I have time to look for the rubbers. Thanks you for your quick. help. I am verry happy. Great job guys.
Old November 4th, 2018, 07:30 AM

PM sent
Old March 17th, 2019, 12:11 AM

Hello dear friends,

I have almost all the spare parts together, thanks to you.
However, I'm still looking for the left quarter window seal and the right front door felt seal. So if someone has an idea, I'm really looking forward to turning my car back into an eyecatcher.

Mike
Old March 17th, 2019, 09:49 AM

There's a 4 door in a local junk yard near me, it's been there for a while... I will check it next time I get out there, maybe today I've need to get my Junkyard Fix...
Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:44 AM

Hello friends,

Thank you for your search .I will go this weekend to the oldtimer and spareparts market in Fribourg Switzerland and hope that I can find something there.
Otherwise, modifications to the car will be necessary to fit another rubber.

Lets see how it goes on?!

Mike
Old March 22nd, 2019, 07:01 AM

I'd be inclined to see if an outer door window molding for a 2-dr could be modified at one or both ends. They are being reproduced; albeit, sold in pairs. Sometimes, you'll see a single NOS one for sale on e-Bay.

As for the qtr window seal, perhaps you could use some flexible butyl compound and repair a used one that has some minor weathering? I found several when looking for you last Fall that were borderline usable IMO...but, wasn't sure if you could find a nicer one somewhere else.