Need various parts for my '77 Delta 88, or a whole parts car

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Need various parts for my '77 Delta 88, or a whole parts car

So, I need the following (And probably much more I've forgotten) for my 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88. I've got 90% of the mechanical work I need to do to the car done, so I'm gonna start spending money making the car the way I want it. I only need the carb rebuilt, replace the mile of vacuum hoses under the hood, and do a few other small things like get the alignment done and have a legal exhaust system put on before I can really delve into things like saving up for paint. So in the meantime, I thought I'd track down parts that I need.

Cosmetic:

77-79 pass side fender

77-79 drivers side front door

Interior pieces, I need lots of them, they will fit from a 77-89 wagon, or 77-84 sedan, delta 88 or custom cruiser, maybe a 98 will swap some parts. I need the dash, kick panels, door panels, basically a whole interior. I have seats lined up from a Caprice that will do nicely. Color does not matter if you have the whole matching interior as long as it isn't one of those off the wall 70's earth tones, I'm hoping to find something in tan, burgundy, or blue.

Trunk lid, mine is bent, thanks previous owners! And thanks for the rings from the gas cap on the trunk too, man people don't take care of their cars.

Front bumper, I need one that isn't pretty 'cause I want to black out the car, and my bumper is too pretty to do that too, the rear bumper is already screwed up enough so it'll work fine. I'd honestly trade the front bumper for one that is scuffed or otherwise straight enough to strip the chrome off of and paint. I don't see the need for stripping a good bumper when other people can use it and may have one that will work for what I need laying around.

And any other spare cosmetic parts you may have, including a whole '77-79 Delta 88, parts cars only, of course, I don't want to be ripping apart something nicer than mine because it doesn't run or something of that nature.

And the last thing I can currently think of is a sway bar. If you have a rear sway bar or a matching front and rear set that'll fit my car, give me a shout.

I'd prefer to find someone local on this stuff, shipping is murderously expensive and the united parcel smashers could destroy a Sherman tank in transit. However for the sway bars I'd accept having them shipped if, as I said, it isn't murderously expensive.

With the way I've gone from quitting the job I had, to finding another, to getting laid off, to finding another, money has been tight, but the job I've got now pays good, so now I can start doing what I want to the car, rather than just what I need to do.

Last edited by Dead Reckon; August 2nd, 2014 at 10:43 PM.