Horn Relay

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM

Horn Relay

I am looking for a Horn Relay (Positive Battery Cable Junction Block) for my 66 442.
Thanks,
Randy
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Oldsdruid

Along with every other 58-68 Buick-Olds-Pontiac owner.

Be prepared to shell out some cash if you want an original Delco-Remy. Even the last aftermarkets I bought were well over $50 each several years ago. You can thank the GTO crowd for that.
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM

Horn Relay Identification

Hi, Some time ago I had two 1967 442's, one stick and one auto. I believe that both of these junction block/relays were from those cars, though I don't know the difference between them and neither has the part number (that I can find). The larger relay (with the three mounting holes) only says "Made in the USA". The smaller one says "Littlefuse, Inc." I took both of them off of non-running cars, so I cannot honestly say that they work properly. Any idea of which is what. I will test them if you tell me how. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
relay #1.jpg (50.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg
relay #2.jpg (49.8 KB, 20 views)
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmomick
Hi, Some time ago I had two 1967 442's, one stick and one auto. I believe that both of these junction block/relays were from those cars, though I don't know the difference between them and neither has the part number (that I can find). The larger relay (with the three mounting holes) only says "Made in the USA". The smaller one says "Littlefuse, Inc." I took both of them off of non-running cars, so I cannot honestly say that they work properly. Any idea of which is what. I will test them if you tell me how. Thanks.
The one in the first pic is the one I am looking for. Sorry, not exactly sure how to test it, but I will find out in the morning. Might it be for sale?
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsmomick
O.K., here is a way to test the relay. On the relay in the 1st picture (left picture) if you apply 12 volts between the big battery post (lower), and the smaller terminal directly above it (the left most of the 2 in the picture, polarity doesn't matter if it is not installed on a car) you should hear a click, and see some very small sparking as you touch and remove the wire. That is the relay inside clicking. If you hear the click, it is working properly, if not, then not so much.........
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:45 AM

I will check it and get back to you. Thanks.
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM

Horn Relay

PM Sent
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM

Found my part! Thanks Mick!