Deer meets 1984 Delta 88

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cutlass Lover

Deer meets 1984 Delta 88

Well my sister's son hit a deer last night in her 88. She's looking for parts now. Needs a driver's side mirror. She's having the windshield replaced tomorrow. Not sure what else she'll be looking for or how bad the damage is. She said he turned the car sideways so he wouldn't hit it with the front end. Guess it's pretty scratched up down the side....

Anyhow.... anyone got a mirror?? Thanks!
Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM

I may have one. Can you get me the measurement between both mounting studs?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Oldsdruid

Someday, someone is going to realise that we need year round open season with no limits on deer. That is the ONLY way they'll ever get the deer population under control.

Saw a lady in a newer Nissan wack one a couple weeks ago. I stopped to see if she was OK and she said the car had been out of the shop less than four months from hitting one back in the spring and she was tired of deer.

Guy at church has a 400 acre farm and he says coyotes are harvesting some of the fawns out there, so there's a few that won't grow up to destroy yer property.

Bambi. Fooey. I've had too many cars destroyed and too much garden and landscaping eaten to consider deer anything but a pest.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey there Crazybout Olds.... I'll call and see if I can find out the measurements. You're even close in Youngstown! She's in the Lake Milton area.

Rocketraider..... I TOTALLY agree with you!!! We have soooo many deer around our area here in Twinsburg/Hudson/Solon! Way tooo many. I agree that they need to be thinned out. But the bleeding hearts in Solon are dead set against it. Those people are really out of the loop over there, lol! I'd like to send all the deer in our area to them and let the deer eat their million dollar yards, lol!

We have a group of 2, a group of 5 and a group of 3 around our neighborhood. They just destroy our trees and flowers and my birdfeeders all friggin year long. We've been stinging them with a pellet gun, lol. Not supposed to shoot in the township, so can't use the louder guns. I believe people in our area are feeding the friggin things because they've become "humanized" around here. They don't even run anymore when you open the window and yell at them. I shouldn't have to be told that "I'm just inviting them in by having birdfeeders". I happen to enjoy the birds and watching them, especially in the dead of winter when everything is so bleak and depressing around here. I should be able to feed the birds, which I enjoy, and not have to worry about the friggin deer! They cost us too much money in destruction............. And I know they are "God's creatures", but so is a grizzly bear, and I wouldn't want one of those in my yard either, lol!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 3rd, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM

Just let me know. I have mirrors from my 78 and 79 deltas, but I think the newer ones are different.
I also have a set from a Cutlass, I think.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 07:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'll let you know soon as I hear from her. She works, so it may be late today.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM

Glad he saved the car, f that deer

I don't have any body parts, I do have a glovebox
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I should have everything body part wise.

The real question is: Is this 84 delta worth the $1000 worth of parts and paint work to fix it? Insurance will probably total it out for about that.
Old November 4th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Official Tire Kicker

At least he wasn't hurt. Those things can put a hurtin on you when they get inside the car and they are still alive.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah... I talked to my nephew last night. He said that's all he could think of - the antlers comin through the windshield when it busted! I'm glad he's ok too. My sister got another windshield put in yesterday, so she can drive the car again, at least. She's not real worried about the body, as it's not in the best shape to begin with.

Crazy.... My nephew said he doesn't have the door panel off yet - the mirror bolts on inside the door, so he doesn't know the measurement yet. I found a place on line that sells repo mirrors pretty cheap. So they're still looking.

J.... I think she just has liability insurance on the car anyhow. Like I said, it's not in the best shape in the world, ya know?? It's been her daily driver for years and years, so it has rust here and there, little dings, etc... but it's reliable!!!!