70 442 parts needed - saving a car from the crusher

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2011, 10:28 PM

70 442 parts needed - saving a car from the crusher

Hey guys, I'm sending out an APB on any parts floating around for a 1970 442. I found a real 442 here in Washington that i can pick up for a really good price, the owner wants to see it go to a real Oldsmobile enthusiast. That being said, here's the issue at hand, its missing the following parts, and i need to see if I can find them, cause if not, I don't know how to save this thing from the crusher

bucket seats
grills and front end parts
tilt column
bumpers front and rear
headlight assemblies
taillight assemblies
front fenders
hood (optional) - car actually comes with a louvered hood.
chrome trim for rear window
chrome for vinyl top
disk brakes

think thats really about it, id like to ad, that my plan is, is to take the body off the frame, since this car is so stripped, and have everything repainted, the frame powder coated, and replace all the bushings and what not, essentially a frame off. I REALLY WANT TO SAVE THIS CAR lol

any offers or leads would be so appreciated.

Last edited by The_Jeremiah; August 28th, 2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more stuff
Old August 26th, 2011, 10:14 AM

You should probably get in contact with this guy as it looks like he has a lot of parts and he is relatively close to you:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...arts-sale.html
Old August 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM

hey thanks orange442, i got a pm going with 2blu442 right now about getting parts, im gonna get the car in a week or two, and make a more collaborated list. but I know not one guy is gonna have everything, so if anyone has any other leads, please let me know, im not kidding, this car is a body with a dash in it, and a frame. I have a good engine / trans to drop in, my 455 and TH400 i built, its got the stock rearend under it, but if it turns out to have freeway gears or something, i have a ford 9 inch i built to drop in (i know im sorry about not sticking to the olds rearend) but the way i see it, if its not the factory rear end, either way, its not hurting the car.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Not a problem, I just saw he has and sells a lot of parts and he is not to far from you. My 70 442 post I bought last year sounds a lot like your car. It looks to have been parked since 1975 because of the rusty 1975 tag still on the car and the 75 inspection sticker that was falling off the windshield. The body and frame on mine is great but some of the windows were broken out so the floor and trunk pans are toast and the top has rust because the vinyl top was still on the car. Mine still had most of the interior w/buckets and back seat and the 4 speed console and an auto console but most of it is unusable. Mine did not have the original engine/trans or rear either. It looks like it was used as race car more than anything because they had cut up the floor around the trans tunnel a lot and it had a non-original Chevelle coded 12 bolt rear in it with heavy duty air bags in the rear springs. I will probably build this car to look more or less stock but will modify it to run and drive better than an original. I have most of the parts for mine so with some pan work and work on the top and around the back window, mine should only take 5 or 10years to get back on the road! Good luck with your 442!
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Lot's of parts available!

I have the following parts that I could supply you. I am located in the Toronto area so not sure how far you are? I would love to see the parts go to a good cause so I would be willing to deal with you on prices. I have:

70 Cutlass S bucket seats (black)
70 Cutlass S grills and front end parts
regular column for floor shiffter
headlight assemblies
taillight assemblies
front fenders
original ram air hood
complete chrome trim for rear window
mint chrome for vinyl top

Also available parts such as:

Sports sterring wheel, A/C system, door panels, vent tubes, dash parts, original rear wing, driver & passenger doors, aftermarket rear quarter panel (driver's side I believe), decent fenders, MINT 70 convertible trunk lid, SSII rims, OAI ram air set up, wheel well mouldings, aftermarket complete trunk pan kit, gas tank, sport mirrors, console and shifters (both 3 speed auto and dual gate), and some engine stuff like TH400 tranny, alternators, starter, pullyes, exhaust manifolds, headers, complete dual exhaust system from manifolds right back ot the trumpet tips. I can post a couple of picutres so you can get an idea of what's available. Lots more stuff available too! If you were too come up with a cube van we could hook you up with everything you need!

Please don't ask for prices on each and every item. I deal with people face to face. Today I sold a rebuilt 1969 Muncie M21 4 speed tranny with linkeage and Hurst shifter to a fellow in Guelph for $1000. Last week I sold engine harness to a fellow in Oak Ridges for $40 and a set of rebuilt #5 heads to a fellow in keswick for $350. Earlier this week I sold 2 wheel well mouldings, a wiper motor and some misc trim for $80. People show up, find what they need and make an offer. No reasonable offer is refused. I am clearing out my parts because I am tired of storing them so I would very happy to sell you anything that you could use to help you with your project.

Please note, before any asks, I am NOT interested in replying to people who want to know "how much for the whole lot?". If you are serious, show up with a truck and $$$$ and we can talk !

Cheers

Originally Posted by The_Jeremiah
Hey guys, I'm sending out an APB on any parts floating around for a 1970 442. I found a real 442 here in Washington that i can pick up for a really good price, the owner wants to see it go to a real Oldsmobile enthusiast. That being said, here's the issue at hand, its missing the following parts, and i need to see if I can find them, cause if not, I don't know how to save this thing from the crusher

bucket seats
grills and front end parts
tilt column
bumpers front and rear
headlight assemblies
taillight assemblies
front fenders
hood (optional) - car actually comes with a louvered hood.
chrome trim for rear window
chrome for vinyl top
disk brakes

think thats really about it, id like to ad, that my plan is, is to take the body off the frame, since this car is so stripped, and have everything repainted, the frame powder coated, and replace all the bushings and what not, essentially a frame off. I REALLY WANT TO SAVE THIS CAR lol

any offers or leads would be so appreciated.
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM

fyi.. you can see pics of some of my parts I have listed on Kijiji

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-PostersOt...UserIdZ8596091
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:30 PM

hey bud thanks for your interest and support, im in Ellensburg Washington. So im not too far from you, but im not close either lol!
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:36 PM

wow man, my hat is off to you im impressed you are going through the trouble to save that. I honestly never plan on getting rid of this car, so im going to somewhat make it my own, the car is the factory silver color, not sure of the exact name, i just remember what color the door jambs were, so i plan on doing the factory color with some metal flake, black vinyl top, and black rally wheels. Id also really like to sand blast the bumpers and paint them silver as well, i think it would look nice, also since the heater box and everything is gone, ill probably just block everything off, its over 100 here in the summer anyways. also I would really like to put a split bench seat in this thing, its a factory bucket seat / column shift auto car. of course, this all depends on the parts i find from 2blu442, and the other members of this site

Originally Posted by orange442
Not a problem, I just saw he has and sells a lot of parts and he is not to far from you. My 70 442 post I bought last year sounds a lot like your car. It looks to have been parked since 1975 because of the rusty 1975 tag still on the car and the 75 inspection sticker that was falling off the windshield. The body and frame on mine is great but some of the windows were broken out so the floor and trunk pans are toast and the top has rust because the vinyl top was still on the car. Mine still had most of the interior w/buckets and back seat and the 4 speed console and an auto console but most of it is unusable. Mine did not have the original engine/trans or rear either. It looks like it was used as race car more than anything because they had cut up the floor around the trans tunnel a lot and it had a non-original Chevelle coded 12 bolt rear in it with heavy duty air bags in the rear springs. I will probably build this car to look more or less stock but will modify it to run and drive better than an original. I have most of the parts for mine so with some pan work and work on the top and around the back window, mine should only take 5 or 10years to get back on the road! Good luck with your 442!