69 Rally pac gauges and info on Fusicks

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2014, 11:46 AM

69 Rally pac gauges and info on Fusicks

Looking for Rally gauges for my 69 442 and also looking for feedback from people that have dealt with Fusicks. I'm going to place an order somewhere in the range of 4000.00 and don't want to get smoked. Any help is appreciated.
Old June 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Randy C.

My personal experience with Fusick is that they have always been top notch. I restored my /68 4-4-2 convertible in the 2005-2007 time frame and the biggest percentage of what I needed came from Fusick. From what I've seen of feedback from others at this site, I believe you will find that most are very pleased with Fusick.

Randy C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0728111527.jpg (76.6 KB, 8 views)
Old June 27th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Shop Around

Fusicks has been hit and miss for me. On 2 separate occasions they wouldn't provide me with a shipping quote over the phone (unusual because other suppliers do), and when they did ship - the packing and shipping container was substandard. (old smokes box stuffed with old newspapers). I called to complain about that and they were stunned, but did offer me a shipping discount. Their upper/lower rad hoses were not properly marked, although their display in the catalogue is. They did send me a better one after I showed them what an OEM one looked like. Their prices are getting higher and the service has been meh. I only use them now if they are the only ones with the parts I need. A lot of guys on this site swear by Fusicks, likely because they were one of the first companies that started providing aftermarket parts for Olds. Loyalty is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Note: Shop around. With an order that large, you'll find that many of the aftermarket vendors sell the same parts for different prices. OPGI, Year One are amongst the highest. Here's a link to a thread about this discussion - it comes up fairly often when folks are looking to buy. I'm not saying not to use Fusicks, just saying to check out most of the others too if you want best value for your $$.
Where is the best place to buy "correct" replacement Oldsmobile parts?

Parts Place has the lowest cost for the 69 U21 Rallye pac you're looking at BTW. 2 things about ALL these RP's. 1) They need to have the inside of the pods painted white so the lighting matches your existing setup. 2) They all have quartz movements in the clock of the tic toc tach. The OEM's have a sweep second hand, but are unreliable for time keeping. The new quartz ones at least keep time.
Old June 27th, 2014, 12:59 PM

I like Fusicks, Supercars Unlimited, Legendary and InlineTube, never had any complaints with any of them. I found Year One and OPGI to be a littly pricey.
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:31 PM

I've bought a number of items from Fusicks as well as Supercars Unlimited, InLine and OPGI. There was a few items from Fusicks I didn't care for once I saw them, but they were very accommodating in taking them back and providing refund. So no complaints.

I've been surprised on a couple of occasions where I expected the retailers to being using the same source for a low demand part. But actually found the item varied from the different retailers.
Old June 27th, 2014, 05:57 PM

I have had problems with OPG, would not recommend. I usee Fusicks but they are pricey but ship really quick. As said I would shop around and not shoot my wad with one vendor although that does make things easy. If you do spend that much cash at one vendors shop you should ask for a discount. If they dont comply keep shopping...
Old June 27th, 2014, 06:43 PM

I have a new in the box set of repo rally pack for 400 never used if interested plus other parts call me bob 813 267 5107 thanks
Old June 27th, 2014, 06:43 PM

I may be picking up a load of 69 parts Sunday and there is a rally pack in the stuff. If you don't find a set by then let me know and I will see what condition this set will be in.
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:44 PM

Jensen, let me know about the gauge pack you picked up. Pics would be appreciated.
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:32 PM

Check out this thread. Mark has a tach and I have a gauge cluster. I tried to find this thread and couldn't find it yesterday. I can get you more pictures of the gauge set if interested.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...d-orig-gm.html
Old June 30th, 2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by SMOSLEY
looking for feedback from people that have dealt with Fusicks.
Originally Posted by Allan R
Fusicks has been hit and miss for me.
Originally Posted by 501Paratrooper
I like Fusicks
Originally Posted by briane
I've bought a number of items from Fusicks
OK, all together now:

the name of the company is Fusick, singular, not FusickS.

Old July 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM

I have ordered from Fusick with little problems . With aftermarket parts its a what you can settle on. I got a double order of hoses form both ILT and Fusick the I will end up using some from each I liked the ILT heater hose and protection sleeve better than Fusick . I liked Fusick for the upper and lower hose's . ILT has shorted me three times on a order they have been good on getting out the parts and im not out anything but time so far but it is a pain . I wish Performanc years sold olds parts . I think ILT over states some of their parts like the trunk mat I got they said they make it and it is their part only
IT came in a R.E.M. box . I have not had a problem with Parts place and they are open Saterdays so if you need it fast might be a option to. I have not but will look into Supercars They too have been around and olds only for years their web site is not as good as the others and little less info.
Old July 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Fusick, Fusicks - we all know what it means and it's easy to find on a web search.