1973 Delta 88

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2021, 05:51 PM

1973 Delta 88

Hey yall... I'm look and need big help finding a front bumper for my Delta!!! Its a 1973 convertible.. any, directions, help or info on who would have one, would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!
Old December 6th, 2021, 09:05 PM
Oldsdruid

Don't have one but here's some info.

1973 Delta 88, Royale and Ninety Eight front bumpers are identical. There are two types- one with rubber impact strip, one without it. Also bumper guards with and without rub strips.

Is your reinforcement bar good, because that heavy thing gets $$$ to ship real quick.

If you currently have rub strip bumpers and just want to replace the chrome face bar, the strip has to come off to separate the chrome bar from the reinforcement bar. Take the bumper off the car, douse the rub strip attaching bolts with a good penetrating oil, and use an air impact wrench to break the nuts loose. Even then expect about half of them to strip out. Might be worth the extra shipping cost of the re-bar to avoid all that hassle.
Old December 7th, 2021, 03:46 AM

I have several 1973 full size front bumpers. Outer chrome only. Nearly new condition. Inside stored. $150. Located in Greenville SC. Willing to ship, but keep in mind that shipping MIGHT be nearly a hundred bucks. Greg. Call or text me at 864-616-4619
Old December 7th, 2021, 04:31 AM

You should also PM one of our members, bigdooly. He often parts 71-76 B/C body Oldsmobiles. He might have what your looking for.

As a last resort you can use this search engine to look for parts. Surprisingly, I got 3 hits when I searched for a bumper for your car:

https://www.car-part.com/
Old December 8th, 2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
You should also PM one of our members, bigdooly. He often parts 71-76 B/C body Oldsmobiles. He might have what your looking for.

As a last resort you can use this search engine to look for parts. Surprisingly, I got 3 hits when I searched for a bumper for your car:

thanks for replying, yes..me and big Jim talk often. He was my first phone call and unfortunately he didnt have one for me.
Old December 8th, 2021, 06:18 PM

thanks, just sent out a email!!!
Old December 8th, 2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Don't have one but here's some info.

1973 Delta 88, Royale and Ninety Eight front bumpers are identical. There are two types- one with rubber impact strip, one without it. Also bumper guards with and without rub strips.

Is your reinforcement bar good, because that heavy thing gets $$$ to ship real quick.

If you currently have rub strip bumpers and just want to replace the chrome face bar, the strip has to come off to separate the chrome bar from the reinforcement bar. Take the bumper off the car, douse the rub strip attaching bolts with a good penetrating oil, and use an air impact wrench to break the nuts loose. Even then expect about half of them to strip out. Might be worth the extra shipping cost of the re-bar to avoid all that hassle.
thank you, this was valuable information I was not knowledgeable of!!
Old June 23rd, 2022, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by oldsmbl
I have several 1973 full size front bumpers. Outer chrome only. Nearly new condition. Inside stored. $150. Located in Greenville SC. Willing to ship, but keep in mind that shipping MIGHT be nearly a hundred bucks. Greg. Call or text me at 864-616-4619
hey greg. I just sent you a text.. do you have any front bumper guards??
Old February 14th, 2023, 09:32 AM
CutOvers Olds Parts Guys

$100 in Dallas,TX