Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Possible '76 Toronado Parts Car

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2015, 05:55 AM

Possible '76 Toronado Parts Car

Hey gang,

This '76 Toro is for sale near me and I'm considering buying it for parts. Although it doesn't look too bad in the pics, it has quite a bit of rot in the quarters and probably elsewhere as well. Even from the outside with the windows closed, you can smell the interior which tells me it leaks and/or has been sitting outside for some time.

Although it's not an ideal time for me, I'm interested in buying it for parts for my cars and would like to know if anybody would be interested in anything else it might have to offer. The more interest, the better the chance I'll pick it up.

Let me know. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
76 Toronado (1).jpg (2.25 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg
76 Toronado (2).jpg (2.32 MB, 9 views)
Old September 25th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, what besides the dash would interchange with a Ninety Eight?
Old September 25th, 2015, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
John, what besides the dash would interchange with a Ninety Eight?
Hey Allan,

Very good that you knew the dashes were the same. The seat tracks and trim, lower door panels, door components, motor and various under-hood components, window trim, steering column, mirrors, etc. It would be better if the car had some more options as it really doesn't have much. I'm trying to justify buying it so if there's enough demand for some moro Toro-specific parts, I may just get it. It's only about 10 minutes from me.
Old September 25th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I hope you have a lot of storage in the new place. I didn't realize door panels and trim were interchangeable. I guess the things like steering column and small trim just makes sense - should have thought of that. How much are they asking for that car? There's a guy on the site who also is looking for the spindle nuts. So if you buy it, make sure you salvage the spindles and brake components. They might be worth something to the Toro crowd. Other posters were saying that 66-76 Toro's used the same front spindles and retaining nuts.
Old September 25th, 2015, 12:08 PM

HA, yeah our new place does have a good amount of storage space but if I get this thing, I will be tearing anything I can use or sell out of it and then getting rid of the rest pretty quickly. If this was a 98, it would be a no-brainer.

Last I heard from him, he's asking $900. I was told it has 76K on it and runs great. I know a local guy with a '76 Toro that wants the trunk lid if it's rust free but we'll see about that as there's definitely rust on the car. I'll have to look at it closer and see it inside and out and drive it to be able to make a better decision.

IF I get it, I will definitely reach out on here as much as possible to make sure everybody gets what they can from it before it goes away.
Old September 25th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Dash pad

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
HA, yeah our new place does have a good amount of storage space but if I get this thing, I will be tearing anything I can use or sell out of it and then getting rid of the rest pretty quickly. If this was a 98, it would be a no-brainer.
I would be interested in the dash pad if it were perfect, no cracks, no dents, or problems. Especially if it were blue. Color would not be a deal breaker, cracks, dents, and too high a price wod be though.

Last I heard from him, he's asking $900. I was told it has 76K on it and runs great. I know a local guy with a '76 Toro that wants the trunk lid if it's rust free but we'll see about that as there's definitely rust on the car. I'll have to look at it closer and see it inside and out and drive it to be able to make a better decision.

IF I get it, I will definitely reach out on here as much as possible to make sure everybody gets what they can from it before it goes away.
Old September 25th, 2015, 01:45 PM

Hey, sorry but if that's any good, I'll be keeping it. The dash is a primary area that I would keep. I would more so be looking to sell off more of the Toronado-specific parts that don't carry over to a 98.