Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Used 1974-ish Dual Gate Shifter & Console Plate For Sale

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2015, 07:08 AM

Used 1974-ish Dual Gate Shifter & Console Plate For Sale

Up for sale is an Oldsmobile dual gate shifter assembly and the plate for the console, in "as-is" condition. What you see in the photos is what you get.

I recall that this was found on a 1974 Cutlass, though I could be off a year or two. There are no part numbers on the shifter components. The number on the console plate is not a good part number.

We found the Cutlass in a salvage yard in the early 1980's. It was up to the floor pans in mud and obviously had a rough life. The console was in really bad condition, so we didn't keep it. I can't recall if the shifter cable was damaged or simply too difficult to pull, but we didn't get it either.

The shifter has surface rust on the bare metal components, but none of it is too heavy. The shift lever still moves back and forth, and side to side with a normal amount of resistance. If there was a sliding plate on the top of the shifter housing to "lock out" the dual gate, it appears to be missing. The chrome Hurst shift lever does have some damaged chrome on the lower front of the lever, plus some scattered surface rust. The plastic shift handle is in very good condition, and is free of cracks, cuts or other damage. I do have the screws to attach the shifter to the floor pan, plus the clip to attach the cable to the shifter housing. I just didn't get them in the photos.

The console plate is in fair condition. The gold textured finish has raised up off of the backing on the rearmost portion of the plate, as installed in the vehicle. The lens/indicator looks good. It appears that the center divider between the gates has been broken off. I have not seen one of these in good condition, so I don't really know good from bad.

This shifter and console plate may not be good for more than parts or components to repair your existing shifter. It certainly looks too good to scrap, especially the lever and handle.

Please scroll down to view the photos. I do have more detailed photos of everything, so just email me for them. I am glad to answer any questions you may have.

My price on the shifter assembly and console plate is $60.00, plus shipping and optional insurance. I will do all I can to keep your shipping costs low.

I don't do PMs, so please contact me at herbslegacy(AT)sbcglobal(DOT)net

Thanks, Olmanwinter

Last edited by olmanwinter; October 1st, 2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Corrected description
Old October 2nd, 2015, 06:50 AM

Transaction Pending

I have a transaction pending on this shifter. Thanks for your interest!
Old October 2nd, 2015, 08:36 PM

If the deal falls through, I'm interested. thanks!
Old October 2nd, 2015, 09:13 PM

**This Shifter is Sold**

Thanks to everyone for their interest in the shifter and console plate. I just received PayPal payment for it tonight. Thanks, Olmanwinter