Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Rusty but cheap 455 head cores (C and E)

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2010, 04:01 PM

Rusty but cheap 455 head cores (C and E)

Have a pile of C and E factory big block Olds iron cylinder head cores. Pulled from a self-serve junkyard 13 years ago, then stored in a garage until about 2-1/2 years ago. Been sitting outside for the last 2 years and they are now rusty. But I would think that they could probably still be cleaned up and reconditioned.

Selling cheap.

$25/pair for what I believe to be small-valve heads or $40/pair for what I believe to be large-valve heads.

I cannot guarantee the condition of the heads, as I've never had them checked out at a machine shop. I also cannot guarantee a matching pair, as I can no longer really tell which ones came in pairs together. As for valve sizes, I will use a caliper to estimate whether the valve sizes are "small" or "large", but I will not be guaranteeing either a specific precise valve measurement or a uniform valve size on all valves. I just want to blow these out as easily as possible. Hence, the cheap price.... a lot less than they cost me 13 years ago, and I had to drive around locating them and pulling them over many junkyard visits way back then.

These are salvage yard cores, folks!

I will ship from California to anywhere within the continental 48 USA for the additional shipping costs, BUT you're also looking at the shipping costs of a 115-Lb package......

Still, I have shipped many pairs of heads in the past, and so maybe it's worth it to have some sent to your door vs. driving around trying to find some locally where you're at.

Or, you could pick up locally here in Big Bear, California.

If you wish to make a purchase, then please do not try to PM me. Instead, please e-mail me DIRECT at blown394olds@yahoo.com

Thanks!