Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

PUI '70 442 Convert Interior - Pearl White buckets, etc

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2018, 10:16 PM

PUI '70 442 Convert Interior - Pearl White buckets, etc

This is a bit preliminary but over the weekend I removed a set of bucket seat covers and rear seat covers from a '70 442 convert. Pearl White color.

Over the next couple weeks I'll also be removing the door panels and rear upper side panels (the panel that the rear seat window cranks go through). The panels are cut for manual window cranks.

These pieces are in very nice condition and will only need a light scrubbing (the seat covers) if you re-install them on another car. I was reasonably careful removing the seat covers....hog rings, etc....so as not to tear up the material around the hog rings badly.

The door panels, have some of the typical-with-PUI-woodgrain, "puckering"/wrinkling in parts of the woodgrain. Doesn't appear to be real bad on these -not exhibited over ALL the woodgrain but more limited to specific smaller areas. Still, the door panels are very clean.

Stainless trim at the bottom will be removed for installation on the new panels (Legendary) I'm installing.

Rear seat armrest covers and convert piston cover panel covers are not included in this potential sale.

I'll get them over here and take a bunch of pics.

No price yet but since we have to post a price I'll say "$1,000" for all of it. I know that is high but I have to post a price......the REAL price will be MUCH lower once I look it all over (WELL below new PUI pricing).

Shipping will be "easier" price-wise on the seat covers (USPostal since they don't weigh much) but the door/rear panels will likely cause the shipping to have an "oversize" charge. I'll see what box dimensions look like and check with Fedex. Depending on who might need what, I may split up the package.....seat covers in one deal and door/rear panels in another.

I'll be back with pics and more accurate pricing and an accurate description. Can also arrange delivery to the Dallas area and/or Chicago (much later at the MCACN show in November). Possible delivery to OCA Nats this summer in Pennsylvania as well....free of shipping costs.

Last edited by 70Post; February 26th, 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:59 AM

If these include the Headrests I'm all over this!!!
Old February 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM

headrests are staying with the car.

I do have one white headrest here but it would need paint/dye to look consistent/even, color-wise.
Old February 27th, 2018, 12:48 PM

OK, thanks. I have a mint white pair that i will use, even have beige, brown, green and black. but NO PEARL!!
Old March 1st, 2018, 04:17 PM

Interested in the seat covers. Following along in case earlier buyers pass.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 12:20 PM

If other sales fall through, I am interested in whole package.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 08:57 PM

Thanks - I have one member on here (local) that expressed interest first and will follow up when I get over to the car again this coming week to change the door panels.

I'm willing to split up the pieces (door/rear panels to one person and seat covers to another) but that'll depend on this first guy's wants/needs.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 09:05 PM
The Rocket Astronomer

Put me in line Patton , i am in San Antonio and will drive up and get the complete package