Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Olds 455 for trade

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2007, 05:37 AM

Olds 455 for trade

Hi guys,

I have a complete olds 455 for trade.
-bored .030 over
-ported C heads, shaved .020 for higher compression. Intake face machine to compensate
-Edelbrock torker intake
-mild tow cam
-HEI distributor

The engines last home was in an 82 Firebird. The combo ran a 13.2 quarter mile through exhaust manifolds and without any dial-in of the carb.

I also have a BOP TH350 with a B&M shift kit that I'll throw in.

I picked the combo up with the intention of putting it in my 1969 Caprice. But if someone out there has a big block Chevy that they are interested in trading for this setup, I am all ears as it will make my swap slightly easier.

I am located near Akron Ohio.
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM
dar83501

Originally Posted by Capriceguy

I am located near Akron Ohio.

Do you listen to The Black Keys?

Old December 1st, 2007, 11:53 AM

never heard of them...
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:00 AM

anyone?
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Sounds like a fun piece, but I don't have anything Chevy, except an 85 GMC sierra carburetor. And you would be getting a bum deal on that trade
I would post it and an asking price on here and see if you get some bites..... plenty of fish on here.
Sometimes there's an Olds guy or 2 hanging out in the shadows in the Chevy forums so you might post there too.
Old December 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM

Well i'm in the market for an engine, but I live in AZ ! not sure i could swing the shipping! First things I would want to know however, is:

What is the Block letter? and What is the block serial stamp? (the usually almost invisible one that is right next to the number one spark plug)?
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM

I've got a 402 bbc with a stroked crank and .030 over on the block and deburred.
Old January 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rccktmn2
I've got a 402 bbc with a stroked crank and .030 over on the block and deburred.
How complete is it?
Old January 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM

I've got the block, crank and rods. block is deburred, .030 over, crank has been turned and stroked .018, and rods have been resized and deburred, the crank and the rods have been balanced. I could come up with a complete ready to run set of heads fresh from the machine shop if needed. I've also got a couple of complete 350 4 bolt mains and other odds and ends of olds and chevy.
Old January 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by rccktmn2
I've got the block, crank and rods. block is deburred, .030 over, crank has been turned and stroked .018, and rods have been resized and deburred, the crank and the rods have been balanced. I could come up with a complete ready to run set of heads fresh from the machine shop if needed. I've also got a couple of complete 350 4 bolt mains and other odds and ends of olds and chevy.
I guess I am looking for something turnkey with at least 400HP (same as what I have now, but Chevy instead of Olds).
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:31 AM

Don't have an engine to trade but how much would you want for it I'm located in Westlake, Ohio and this is a godsend. Any numbers on cr or hp numbers?

Also, pics please if you're willing to sell I am very interested thanks!
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by staying-old80
Don't have an engine to trade but how much would you want for it I'm located in Westlake, Ohio and this is a godsend. Any numbers on cr or hp numbers?

Also, pics please if you're willing to sell I am very interested thanks!
I never dyno'd it, but it put an 82 Firebird down the 1/4 in 13.2s. That was running through exhaust manifolds and without ever dialing in the carb. I guess it's around 400 Hp.

I'll try to take a picture of it. It's not much to look at though. The heads and block are black (pretty fresh paint). It's got a silver Torker 2 intake, and yellow powdercoated valve covers.

I guess I'd take $1500 for that.

I am bidding on some dress-up components (new valve covers and pan). As well as exhaust manifolds for dual exhaust for a 65-69 B-body. If I won those, I'd like to pass those on for another $350, or I'd just put them back on ebay...
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Is this motor ctill on the market? I know its a long shot but I live on the east side of cleveland and Ill deffinately take it off your hands. Shoot me an email at asacks@kent.edu