Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Hurst Dual Gate 2 Shifter #2920000 4 Speed TH700 R4 Kit

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2022, 06:25 PM

Hurst Dual Gate 2 Shifter #2920000 4 Speed TH700 R4 Kit

Price: SOLD

I came across this kit a couple years back and stashed it away. This is an original Hurst shifter in excellent condition made for a 4 speed 700R4 transmission. The shifter is made to mount in a 83-92 Camaro with 700R4 but can be modified mount in a Cutlass/442. This kit will come with everything in the photos which include:

-Hurst Dual Gate 2 Shifter w/ Shifter Ball
-Original Hurst 4 Speed Cover Plate
-B&M Bracket Kit
-Misc Brackets including Hurst 1050180 Lever
-Shifter Cable
-Original Instructions

Due to it being made for Camaro specifically and not having knowledge on using this in an Olds....I am selling it AS IS. The shifter is in great condition with no slop, excellent chrome. All the positions on the shifter go into place smoothly. I've owned a few of Hurst Dual Gate 2's and this is the nicest one I have come across. I have it listed on eBay as well so if it sell there it will be removed.

Last edited by yeahbuddy; December 19th, 2022 at 12:36 AM.
Old April 28th, 2022, 06:50 AM

This is a good deal on a tough to find shifter. My experience with this version has grown hazy over time but recall using the 70-72 brackets, you’ll have to drill & tap the shifter body to attach them and/or maybe I slotted the brackets for height adjustability. Measure 8 times, cut once as you have to get the height just right to match up with console. Totally doable.
IIRC I had to make up a little tab to accept the back screws for the trim plate. Also IIRC, I ended up using the Shiftworks cable as my 70-72 cable didn’t want to work, no recollection of why, may have been range of travel. This shifter comes with a cable that likely works. 70-72 trim plate works, I would have to look to see how indicator aligns but that means I haven’t had any issue with it.

If I had another project in the works I would have already snatched this up. This shifter allows selection of all gears, properly. I would be happy to pop the trim off of mine for pics if someone wants them

Last edited by bccan; April 28th, 2022 at 06:59 AM.
Old April 28th, 2022, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by bccan
This is a good deal on a tough to find shifter. My experience with this version has grown hazy over time but recall using the 70-72 brackets, you’ll have to drill & tap the shifter body to attach them and/or maybe I slotted the brackets for height adjustability. Measure 8 times, cut once as you have to get the height just right to match up with console. Totally doable.
IIRC I had to make up a little tab to accept the back screws for the trim plate. Also IIRC, I ended up using the Shiftworks cable as my 70-72 cable didn’t want to work, no recollection of why, may have been range of travel. This shifter comes with a cable that likely works. 70-72 trim plate works, I would have to look to see how indicator aligns but that means I haven’t had any issue with it.

If I had another project in the works I would have already snatched this up. This shifter allows selection of all gears, properly. I would be happy to pop the trim off of mine for pics if someone wants them

Thanks for sharing that info. I have a regular Dual Gate 2 shifter that has the mounting holes for the 70-72 brackets. You are correct this one does not have them pre drilled to switch out but it is possible. The shifter sells for $600 new on Parts place when it is available but they are made of discontinued parts and I don't believe they are in stock anymore.

I am willing trade this shifter for a nice 72 Center console on black if it doesn't sell on eBay.