Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Good Condition used '66 Strato Buckets from a '66 Starfire

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2020, 06:07 PM

Good Condition used '66 Strato Buckets from a '66 Starfire

So my wife and I were driving a down the freeway in my Starfire and she noted that the '66 strato buckets had no seat locks. As original. Seat back locks didn't come in until '67 on the Strato buckets and related (but different) Strato bench seat backs. She & I like the idea that in an accident seat back locks will protect the front seat occupants from the seats folding up on them and causing further injury.

Long story short, I'm swapping the '66's for a set of '69's with seat back locks for safety, so I'm about to have a darn good set of '66's available.

I'm thinking $600 + shipping for the pair. If there's interest, I'm happy to post pictures.

The foam is from 1998 and the only thing non-factory about them is that the seat bottoms have been modified to bolt up to a set of 1982 or so Camaro 6 way seat mechanisms. The dremel cuts to accomodate the 6 way mechanism are invisible from above. So the seats look and work as from the factory. Someone else (like me) may actually prefer this being an option, but I don't want to mislead anyone that they're perfectly factory. The seats and backs would come with good foam, good (not new) springs, metal seat backs, and the metal seat surrounds. The seat bottom surrounds have a hole on the outer side to accept 6 way power seat switches as noted above. My interior guy removed the vinyl to capture the pattern, so its really seat frames, trim & foam.

Anyone interested? I'd rather not stick 'em in my attic 'til I'm dead. Was thinking I'd swap meet them sometime if no one here bites.

cheers
cf