Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

F/S: 95% complete 1955 88/98 factory air setup.

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2022, 11:07 AM

This includes EVERYTHING associated with factory air system proper as removed from a 1955 88 4 door sedan parts car.

This will retro fit to a 1954 Oldsmobile 88/98 and would be correct for judging as the a/c kit instuctions so states this fact.

This will fit a 1956 Oldsmobile 88/98 but would NOT be correct for judging but that could be argued if a dealer installed a left over kit.

Stating the obvious, these parts are over 60 years old and should be checked and/or reconditioned are they installed on the destination car. There is no warranty that these parts are complete or functional. But having dealt personally with 1955 oldsmobiles since 1965, I comfortable with this setup.

The major parts included are:

Compressor
Brackets and spacer
Headbolts and nuts
Water pump pulley
Crankshaft pulley
Six blade Fan and spacer but no bolts
Fan shroud
Suction and pressure copper lines
Condensor with bypass valve
Evaporator air box with pressure regulator valve
Under dash plastic duct tubes if present - I have not looked to see if present and the plastic tends to crumble to dust
Dash mounted control unit
Left and right dash mounted vents
Wiring harness
Nuts and bolts with original platina.

Things available for purchase separately if you purchase the a/c system - not available to be purchased without buying the a/c system and depends on how original you want your installation to be plus shipping:

Radiator with shroud mounting tabs - $100.00 - you can make your own tabs to use your current radiator

Driver side inter fender with removable plate to get to power brake - $50.00 - a convenient option

Front coil springs (they are heavier duty for the extra a/c weight) - $50.00 - you can use a 1/4 inch spacer to restore ride height - that is what the factory did

Horns - $75.00 - bracket is unique to a/c cars

Generator with two groove pulley - $100.00 - a/c and non a/c generator is the same - two groove pulley are generally available locally and are the same as on alternators

bare dash panel with the holes for the end vents - $50.00

The parts that will be in extremely sad condition or missing:

Plastic duct parts will be very brittle or warped or missing parts

The cloth ducts will need to be replaced with new ducting.

The wiring harness will need to checked as the plastic wire insulation is very brittle

Some screws and bolts either missing or twisted off in removal

The suction and pressure rubber hoses were cut in half but are included as templates

Note that the expansion valve has been replaced and the pressure line at the evaporator box has been modified to reflect this change. I will include an original expansion valve for originality. No idea if it works and you would need to rework the pressure line at the evaporator box to used it.

The price is $1,800.00 plus shipping. The parts are available in the north Dallas area to either view or pickup in person.

I will NOT seperate the parts to sell piece mill.

I have pictures of the a/c installed on the car and will include as part of system and will send to serious potential buyers.

You should consider purchasing the 1955 oldsmobile a/c manual and it will be needed and it answers many questions a buyer or potential buyer might have.

You will have access to me for up to 6 months for technical support as you install the parts. I have been doing oldsmobile a/c work since 1969 starting with 1956 oldsmobile a/c and other brands of car air conditioning including home central air systems. I can do select parts restoration like the compressor and fan motor and other parts - ask me. I even provide limited warranty with this service. I can also point out enhancements to provide better cooling.

Thanks for looking and for your consideration.

Ron

Last edited by Love1955oldsmobile; May 13th, 2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old June 1st, 2024, 02:40 AM

Factory air conditioner setup parts are still available. Prices remain the same as original post says.

Ron

Old July 27th, 2024, 09:02 PM

Price drop to $1,600.00

I can restore blower motors (heater or air).

Buy this factory air setup and get live support for 6 months.

I have the major parts for the 1955 or 1956 factory air system - firewall evaporator, controller, a5 flange compressor, bracket set, crank and water pump pulley set, radiator and shroud, maybe 6 blade fan - $950.00

Ron