Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

F heads & W parts coming soon

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2014, 05:51 PM

F heads & W parts coming soon

Everything is either sold or not available yet.

I have a set of F heads coming within the next week. These will be taken apart cleaned and checked for cracks before I sell them. I will include the parts but I am not going to put them back together. I am told they are uncut and never been apart but I will have to check that also before I sell them. These will be $3500 shipped and insured in the USA. If it turns out they have been cut I will lower the price.

Other parts that should be coming soon.

70 W-455 intake (don't know if early or late 70 yet)
7040257? carburetor (70 442 auto)
NOS 70 W-30 4 speed cam
70 OAI hood (unknown condition so far)

This parts load is going to set me back real bad and will need to move them quick if I can. This is why I am posting them before I get them.

Last edited by jensenracing77; October 18th, 2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:25 PM

Maybe tomorrow night but likely Monday. Have stuff going out tomorrow and another load going out Tuesday. I will work it in soon because he wants this stuff gone.
Old October 12th, 2014, 07:08 PM

Just got home with this load. Not much worked out like I thought on this load. The F heads are surfaced but not sure how much yet. Just guessing around .030. I will check. Have two guys in line for them.

The transmission turned out to be an OG but can not find the VIN stamp. I think it is 70.

The OAI hood is very nice.

Intake is an OLDSMOBILE (early W-455) but has a hair line crack near the heat riser and has some heli-coils.

I will sort through it tomorrow and return the emails and PMs.
Old October 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM

You must have had a busy day.
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:25 AM

Ya, He called me at 5:30 and said to get over there ASAP. Then I got stuck in traffic on I-70 for 45 minutes. He was drinking and the more he drank the higher his prices got. I told him I was going to have to start drinking when people come buy things from me. For some reason I don't think it will work for me.

He showed me another storage building that had 8 more sets of bucket seats in it. He said he still had more sets in another place.

Last edited by jensenracing77; October 13th, 2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old October 13th, 2014, 05:44 AM

Price on intake and w30 4-speed cam? Dates on heads?
Thanks, Steve
Old October 13th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by halfmoontrail
Price on intake and w30 4-speed cam? Dates on heads?
Thanks, Steve

I still need to sort through this stuff. I have to pull an engine today but I hope to get on this tonight. The good news is that the if the heads were cut it wasn't much. I checked 2 sets of heads that were never cut and these F heads are .007 less. If they were cut it was .010 at most.

I have two guys in line for the heads. If that don't work out i will let you know. He could not find the cam at this time. I will try to update everything tonight.
Old October 13th, 2014, 04:51 PM

On hold till after I get through the emails and PMs.
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:01 AM

The Heads are sold. The transmission turned out to be an OG and is sold. I still have the OAI hood and intake but will post it in another thread when I get home from Minnesota next week.

Another note: To the couple people that has their nose in my business let me fill you in... You can call me a flipper all you want to but you don't know the facts of these parts. The guy that is selling me these parts WILL NOT deal with anyone but me. He has been down the road of selling in the past and is getting older. He does not want the hassle that you are giving me. He knows that I am selling these for more money but willing to let me do it so he don't have to put up with people like you. It is easy for him to call me and let me take a large load and only deal with one person. To him, that is worth letting them go for less money. If this makes me a flipper then so be it. I am the one with the risk of putting out $$$$ and with risk (and time) I should be able to make something. If I had not taken the risk these parts would sit in his barn till they rot away then nobody gets them. He will be selling me more parts over the coming years so if you don't like it don't look at my for sale threads.

Sorry for the rant to all the other great people of CO.
Old October 18th, 2014, 01:32 PM

Anybody that says anything negative about Eric is stupid!!! He is selling parts yes. What is wrong with that? I suspect jealousy would be the only reason for any negative comments. He is a class act.

Don W
Old October 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Hi Eric.

Thanks for all your help recently and in the past. Did you happen to get the '70 442 carburetor? My brother will need one for his automatic car, as someone decided to help themselves to the original one by popping the hood and removing it right from the motor while the car was in storage.

Anthony
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Shifty Sidney
Anybody that says anything negative about Eric is stupid!!! He is selling parts yes. What is wrong with that? I suspect jealousy would be the only reason for any negative comments. He is a class act.

Don W

I agree! Eric is a class act!

Cheers,
Sam
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:49 PM

Nose in your business? On CO?

You don't need to explain yourself to anyone.
Old October 18th, 2014, 08:22 PM

Thumbs up whats wrong

there is nothing wrong with flipping car parts, we as car buffs need to make a few buck bying and selling parts it takes time and money and work to get these parts. to try to brake even would be foolish. there will always be some with a different point of view on this matter. eric has always been fair with me when selling parts and has sold me parts he really wanted to keep but sold them to me because he knew I need them. don't let these guys get to u. keep up the good work finding and saving all the olds parts u can
thanks ray
Old October 18th, 2014, 08:26 PM

Thanks guys, I should not have posted that over two people but I was not in a good mood at the time.

Anthony, We ran out of time that night and could not look for it. I am not sure when I will be going back but likely sometime over winter.
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:39 PM

I would be interested in a 70 442 hood
Old October 19th, 2014, 04:50 AM

I have a bit of a different outlook on what Eric, Scott, Brett, 2Blue, and others do. I, to an extant, do it with complete cars. To me, this is a "service" if you will, provided to our beloved hobby (passion for me). If we didn't hunt this stuff down, it would NOT be available for others to buy, use, install, drive, etc.
I have never understood why some people find it offensive or consider it to be gouging when another fellow hobbyist makes a few bucks on a part or a car. There is a definite "risk versus reward" factor here, and in my opinion, the "investor" deserves a fair return on his time, money, and knowledge. The people I mentioned earlier, (myself included) have NOT been involved in any fraudulent parts posts due to the knowledge that has been amassed over the years working with said parts and cars.
Here is my final thought and my motto:
"Without the efforts of a few, the many would suffer".

Last edited by Dave Siltman; October 19th, 2014 at 04:53 AM.