Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Olds 442 GM NOS Vanity Mirror w/ Locking Pins

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2019, 03:38 PM

1970 Olds 442 GM NOS Vanity Mirror w/ Locking Pins

Hello,
1970 442 GM NOS Vanity Mirror w / Locking Pins. GM P.N. 480890.
Still in sealed plastic... ( 49 year old air in there ).
Locking Pins are very hard to find.....
My car came with a black plate where the vanity mirror would have been mounted, which use's the same locking pins to hold the "delete" plate in place.
If your car does not have a "delete plate" it is still possible to install this part.
$175.00 USD + Shipping. USA only sorry.
I am sure this will fit many other GM model's. I don't have the data to support this belief.
If you do not want this style of GM NOS Vanity Mirror, I also have 2 (two) NOS in GM boxes P.N. 981825 adhesive style vanity mirrors for $145.00 Each USD + Shipping.
Thanks,
DRXOLDS

Old January 7th, 2019, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by DRXOLDS
Hello,
1970 442 GM NOS Vanity Mirror w / Locking Pins. GM P.N. 480890.
Still in sealed plastic... ( 49 year old air in there ).
Locking Pins are very hard to find.....
My car came with a black plate where the vanity mirror would have been mounted, which use's the same locking pins to hold the "delete" plate in place.
If your car does not have a "delete plate" it is still possible to install this part.
$175.00 USD + Shipping. USA only sorry.
I am sure this will fit many other GM model's. I don't have the data to support this belief.
If you do not want this style of GM NOS Vanity Mirror, I also have 2 (two) NOS in GM boxes P.N. 981825 adhesive style vanity mirrors for $145.00 Each USD + Shipping.
Thanks,
DRXOLDS

What is a vanity mirror delete plate? Not sure what that is.
Old January 7th, 2019, 07:06 PM

The passenger side sun visor on my car was predrilled to accept a passenger side vanity mirror. I think !
The $12.00 back then was too much for the buyer. Factory.... put a black ( because the car interior was black ) tin plate instead of the mirror maybe .75 cent's order change ......into the mounting locking clips....
If by chance you ever see a visor with the locking clips buy it....U may not get them off in one piece.... I tired my best but no way ...... Kinda like..... one way only..... once you push it in does NOT release....!
Thanks for looking.
DRXOLDS.
Old January 7th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Let's get our facts straight. There was never a mirror delete plate on any GM car in the 68-72 time frame that I know of. Either you got a mirror or not. ALL GM cars that I know of in that time frame had pre-drilled holes in both visors. Some makes like Pontiac, you could order 2 mirrors from the factory. Some convenience packages included that mirror. The dealer would install them if you wanted one. Some mirrors had pegs, some mirrors used adhesive tape. Most peg mirrors had glass glued to a black or bare metal plate with pegs. If you see a black metal plate on your visor, then a mirror fell off of it at some point. The mirror you show is actually a later mirror, because GM stopped using the metal plate setup, probably because the heat made the mirrors fall off. That said, I like the "enclosed" style you are selling better, because the metal plate style could rust and stain a white or light visor. The "enclosed" style also eliminated the de-lamination on the edges of the mirror that you see on many NOS mirrors sold now. Once installed it is hard to tell the difference. Finally, I've removed a lot of the pegged mirrors intact. It's definitely do-able.
Old January 7th, 2019, 08:44 PM

Great to know....so which one do you want to buy? I have both
DRXOLDS