Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1967 Turnpike Cruiser Air Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2020, 04:04 AM

1967 Turnpike Cruiser Air Cleaner

I have a 1967 Turnpike Cruiser Air Cleaner. Was told this is a very rare part. Cannot even find one online to check price. Looking for $1200. Was told its worth more.
Have other 67 parts as well.

Old June 1st, 2020, 07:23 AM
Shoveling Snow

Do the vacuum pots hold vacuum and is the pie plate included?Also do you have the other parts that hook to the exhaust.

The price is what you can get for it. But at that price you may have to sit on it for a while.
I would love to get a couple of grand for mine.

Last edited by Hairy Olds; June 1st, 2020 at 07:27 AM.
Old June 1st, 2020, 08:17 AM

Not sure if the vacuum pots hold air, I could check them. I talked with George Berejik back in 2013 or 2014 just after he got out of the hospital at an Olds Club of America show. My car actually came from his back lot back in 1983 I think. He remembered the car and asked if I had the air cleaner, he said they were impossible to find. I don't have any of the other parts though, just what is in the pics. I'll never use the thing and am just trying to get rid of what I have laying around. I have the intake and carb as well. Also have a bunch of other misc. parts. Most stuff you can get reproduction now. I do have an OEM rear fender power antenna as well that I would part with. It worked when I took it off the car but haven't powered it up to see if it still moves. It is like 4' long and never pulled in the stations too well so I put an aftermarket on. My car is no show car but its a great driver. It was partially converted to a 442 when I got it. Is the original motor and Trans, I found the correct 442 rear end, it had a junkyard Pontiac rear in it when I got it.
Old June 1st, 2020, 08:45 AM

Impossible to find yes, but there also has to be demand. A two barrel version is harder to sell than the 4 bbl one, you'd have to find someone restoring a car that is keeping it original with a 2bbl. Your part, up to you on how you want to price it so I don't want to come across as tearing your listing down. But I agree with Hairy Olds that your more than a little high on price. John
Old June 1st, 2020, 08:57 AM

I appreciate the feedback guys, I would certainly entertain an offer if someone wanted it. I figured it would be a very limited audience. I'll leave it up for awhile and see where it goes. Its been in my garage for 30+ years a while longer is not going to be an issue.
Harris
Old June 1st, 2020, 11:42 AM

PM Sent.
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:51 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Impossible to find yes, but there also has to be demand. A two barrel version is harder to sell than the 4 bbl one ...
I didn't realize there were any four-barrel Turnpike Cruisers.
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by '69442ragtop
I didn't realize there were any four-barrel Turnpike Cruisers.
There were not. All TP cruisers had the CCC air cleaner and 2bbl carb. BUT the CCC system was available on every car with a V8 in 67, 442's Toros, all models 4bbl or 2bbl.
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:08 PM

Yes, to be pedantic and to help the OP, that is not a Turnpike Cruiser Air Cleaner, it is a Climactic Combustion Control air cleaner, and came on any car with that option. That option, with a two barrel, was part of the Turnpike Cruiser package. This is not to be confused with Air Injection Reaction AIR, which was mandatory on CA cars and optioned on others. CCC is interesting because it is the first air cleaner, I think, with the heat stove hot air thermostat system that was later standard.

I would say that odds are better than even that unit came from a Turnpike Cruiser, and it is correct for it. Someone could buy it for a 2 barrel car and be correct, as well.
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:11 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
There were not. All TP cruisers had the CCC air cleaner and 2bbl carb. BUT the CCC system was available on every car with a V8 in 67, 442's Toros, all models 4bbl or 2bbl.
I did not know that. I thought CCC was a TC only deal. Thanks!
Old June 1st, 2020, 03:12 PM
Shoveling Snow

Mine is from a Toronado.