Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1965 f-85 4 Door Sedan Parts

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM

1965 f-85 4 Door Sedan Parts

I am slowly pulling apart a 65 Olds f-85 4 door sedan. I'm using some of the parts for my 442. Other parts, especially the 4 door specific parts, I'm slowly taking off and e-Baying or CL-ing them. It has lots of nice chrome on the doors and upper quarters yet, and all manor of other bits. Some I can get at, and some our tough, but if you need something, just let me know and I can tell you if I have it, what it might cost to ship it, and maybe send you a picture. I can also list some things on e-Bay with a Buy-it- Now, if you prefer the buyer protection. The car is in a cramped storage area, which makes some parts harder to access. Most of the dash stuff is gone, including the dash assembly and pad. Some extras left over.
I'm in Canada, so shipping can be tricky. I seem to get the best deals with Canada Post USA Ground for small, light things, and FedEx for larger heavy items. Thanks for reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1965 Cutlass 001.jpg (89.2 KB, 23 views)
1965 Cutlass 002.jpg (102.2 KB, 19 views)
1965 Cutlass 005.jpg (111.0 KB, 22 views)
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Isnt this the car you had for sale on craigslist a couple of years ago ?
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 442scotty
Isnt this the car you had for sale on craigslist a couple of years ago ?
Hi Scotty, I only bought this about 4 or 5 months ago to use as a parts car. The guy I bought it from, however, had it on Vancouver CL for at least a couple years. I remember looking at the pics and wondering why he kept advertising it high, and didn't just blow it out. Who would guess that one day I'd need it !!
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM

Looks like the same car I put a $200 deposit on just outside vancouver. It was supposed to have rust free fenders and quarters and I was assured it could be driven back from vancouver to calgary over the rockies.

Flew there from calgary to drive it home and it was a pos...barely running on 5 cylinders and would not make it down the block let alone across the mountains where I would have met my end for sure.

Needless to say the guy would not give me my deposit back and I had to pay air fare to fly back home...Cost me $800 for a lesson well learned.

It was Daves towing I believe...but its probably not you.
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM

Just saw your reply...Thank goodness its not you...
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by 442scotty
It was Daves towing I believe...but its probably not you.
It absolutely is NOT me !! Of that, I can assure you.

You're close, though. When I bought it, it was sitting outside Vancouver at a place called Gino's Towing or Gino's Tires, something like that. It wouldn't run. I paid for it on a "delivered to my house" basis, because I didn't trust it, nor did I really need it running. I did manage to get it running, but it needed a rebuild. Wasn't good enough to use as a driver. I've still got the tranny. That seemed to work to some degree.
I feel for you, Scotty. Nobody wants to go through tragedy for an old car. We've all got some experience of cars that weren't quite what we expected (to put it mildly). It shouldn't be too much to ask for people to be fair in their vehicle descriptions. Hope you finally got something fun to drive.
You may find you aren't the only one with a story about this car !!
Old September 16th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Always room for one more

Wow Dave so much I could use off that car. But I'm afraid shipping from you to me in Atlanta wouldn't be very feasible.

Can you tell me, though, if the core support is the same for other years or other A bodies? The fenders look like 64 fenders but someone told me they are indeed different.
Old September 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Justin

Yes 64 and 65 fenders the front nose is different 64 are two body lines where. As 65 the upper body line joins the lower and the nose other than that they are the same as to mounting
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Shipping can be tough on the large parts. Anything really big has to go FedEx ground. I just shipped a bumper to Illinois. I think it was right around $100. I doubt the fenders are the same. The trim sits lower down, and I think the body line might be a bit different. The core support might be the same. I've been wondering about using it in my 64 Skylark, as it desperately needs one, but I don't know if the headlight backing plates would bolt on the same.
The 65 core support is on Vancouver Island in storage in one of the barn stalls. It's not too bad, but the thin metal pieces at the bottom were getting some holes. It's good enough for me to use, but I don't know how fussy everyone else is. I'd probably want $100 for it without the headlights, and the shipping would likely be close to $125, maybe more. Couldn't say for sure until I boxed and weighed it. Let me know if you absolutely can't find one, and I'll see about bringing it back at some time.
Sorry, I know that doesn't help much.
Attached Images
1965 Cutlass 010.jpg (152.0 KB, 6 views)
1965 Cutlass 011.jpg (117.6 KB, 5 views)
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Justin

Here is a thread that showed the difference you could also ship grey hound they are pretty reasonable you just have go pic up at the closes station

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...highlight=1964
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks Dave. You'd think there'd be one closer to me than BC. If not I'll give you a shout.
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by oldstata
Here is a thread that showed the difference you could also ship grey hound they are pretty reasonable you just have go pic up at the closes station

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...highlight=1964
I'm kind of biased. I live about a twenty-five minute drive from the
Greyhound station, but only about a five minute walk from the FedEx depot at Vancouver International Airport (which is in Richmond, oddly enough).
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm indecisive. Or am I..

When I bought it, it was sitting outside Vancouver at a place called Gino's Towing or Gino's Tires
You may find you aren't the only one with a story about this car !![/QUOTE]

That car was for sale for years - the owner of the shop, 'Gino' who was a total jerk to me too. His shop is 5 mins up the road from my shop. When I went to look at it I was assured that it ran and drove fine and that the fenders and trunk floor was rust free. PARTS of the fenders were rust free, the trunk had at least two patches and he couldn't get it started for me. He was flip flopping on price so I told him to get stuffed.

Glad Dave bought it though - at least its in good hands.
BTW - what shape is the dash pad in?
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
BTW - what shape is the dash pad in?
Hi Napoleon,

The dash pad was in decent shape. It had a tiny flaw that you couldn't really see when it was installed. I think I got $61 for it, and shipped it to Massachusets. I've got the glove box door and the chrome speedo bezel on e-Bay right now, but so far no takers.
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM

i wish i had more dashpads napoleon, got rid of two excellent ones, could sell a dozen more
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM

Looking for a fuse panel and wiring harness and radio.
Cheers
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by cutlass xombie
Looking for a fuse panel and wiring harness and radio.
Cheers
Sorry, All that stuff went into the 442.
Thanks anyway.