Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

14x7 SSII/SSIII Wheels with BFGoodrich P215/70R14 Tires

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2017, 07:42 PM

14x7 SSII/SSIII Wheels with BFGoodrich P215/70R14 Tires

I received these wheels/tires with a 1970 Cutlass I purchased. They were mounted so the car could be shipped, but they aren't balanced.

I intended to refurbish these and use them, but I needed 15x7s to clear aftermarket brakes. The tires are nearly new. They still have the blue on them and some nibs (vent spews). I cleaned one of the BFGoodrich RWL, but left the others alone.

I don't want your money. I'm looking to trade. Here are a few things I'm looking for:

- Rally Sport Steering Wheel (complete) in fair or better condition. My car came with an aftermarket steering wheel, but I prefer the Rally Sport steering wheels.

- 1970 442 Grill in fair or better condition. I just prefer the look of the 1970 442 grill. I intend to paint the grill dark grey or black.

- Heating/Venting parts that would work with a 1970 Cutlass. The car didn't come with any heating/venting parts. If I could add heat I could use the car earlier in the spring and later into the fall. Fair or better condition - as long as it works or can be refurbished to work is good enough.

I'm not restoring the car back to original, so my expectations are pretty low as far as used parts go. I intend to drive the car a lot as the weather allows. I just want to make some changes to better suit how I want the car to look and function.

The wheels/tires are located about an hour south of Duluth. I drive up and down I-35 (furthest south is about Pine City) and Hwy 61 (north shore - up to about Silver Bay) quite regularly, so I'd be happy to deliver these parts and pickup your trade when I'm in your neck of the woods, or you can pick them up at my place.

Please let me know if you have something I'm looking for.
Old March 17th, 2017, 04:30 AM

I'd prefer to trade for Olds parts, but I know some guys around here prefer trading for hard work. If a trade for Olds parts doesn't pan out, I'd also consider trading for oak firewood delivered to my place. I'm about 3 years ahead on firewood right now, but like laundry, it never ends, and a nice woodpile is like money in the bank.

My boys work on firewood a couple hours every day in the summer as one of their daily chores when school is out, and I enjoy putting up firewood with them when I can, but it would be a secondary option.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to trade for some firewood if some parts don't pan out for me.
Old March 17th, 2017, 11:09 AM

iam interested in your tires i have a orig sport wheel please call me bob 813 267 5107
Old March 17th, 2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by theoldsguy
iam interested in your tires i have a orig sport wheel please call me bob 813 267 5107
Bob - I just took a peek at the 10-day forecast and it looks like I better get my maple syrup stuff out in the woods today. I'll give you a call tonight.
Old March 17th, 2017, 01:29 PM
MOTORHEAD

HI
I am local
do you have a cash price???

Happy ST Patricks DAY

Old March 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by theoldsguy
Bob - We had company tonight so I wasn't able to call you until 9pm, but I looked you up first, and it looks like you're in Florida. I don't like calls after 9pm, and it would be 10pm in Florida, so I didn't call. I appreciate your interest, but I'm trying to work out a local trade in MN. Please know I mean no disrespect, but I'm going to have to pass.
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by 11971four4two
HI
I am local
do you have a cash price???

Happy ST Patricks DAY

Not sure if you recall, but back in December you were selling some 15x7 wheels that I was interested in. Link to your post. You had sold them before I contacted you. You did, however, find some very good wheels I could use on the Minneapolis Craigslist, and you sent that link my way.

I did end up purchasing five wheels and all the bling from that guy. We painted them up and I think they turned out great ,and best of all they work with the aftermarket brakes. Here's a current picture.

Anyway, I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction on that.

What would your plans be for these wheels/tires?