Windshield wipers & Washer?

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2017, 10:45 AM

Windshield wipers & Washer?

I'm not sure how the wipers are suppose to rest. See the pics... Are the wipers suppose to stop above or on the chrome? Also, is this a hood or wiper issue - wipers hit the hood? Are the wipers suppose to set below the hood?

Finally, what is the correct washer set-up as mine is not connected?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20170702_133654036.jpg (3.00 MB, 27 views)
IMG_20170702_133701131.jpg (2.77 MB, 25 views)
IMG_20170702_133709311.jpg (3.00 MB, 24 views)
Old July 2nd, 2017, 11:14 AM

Do you have the rear rubber bumper in place in the center of the cowl screen? The original wiper arms took rubber refills & I believe they are not as tall as your current set up. You have what is called the "hidden wiper system" & the wipers are supposed to park about half way down on that stainless piece with out hitting the hood. Under the cowl screen on the driver side there are 2 nuts & studs that provide some adjustment to where the wipers park. With your hood up, do the wipers park farther down? If not, you may need to adjust them. Report back with more info.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldspackrat
Do you have the rear rubber bumper in place in the center of the cowl screen? The original wiper arms took rubber refills & I believe they are not as tall as your current set up. You have what is called the "hidden wiper system" & the wipers are supposed to park about half way down on that stainless piece with out hitting the hood. Under the cowl screen on the driver side there are 2 nuts & studs that provide some adjustment to where the wipers park. With your hood up, do the wipers park farther down? If not, you may need to adjust them. Report back with more info.
Yes, it has the center bumper and the wipers do try to park on the stainless piece. The stainless piece seems to be stop the wipers from settling home. If I "help" them, they seem to park as you indicated they should.

I'm thinking I need new wipers, these are too tall. Is this a special item?
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:14 PM

The original wiper arms took rubber refills and reused the arms. I have several sets of those if you need some. I'm not sure how easy it is to get the rubber refills anymore. There may be some newer wipers like you have on your car now but that are a bit shorter and that may not hit the hood? Might have to remove one of yours and go to the parts store to compare.