Suicide/spinner/brodie knobs

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Neg

Suicide/spinner/brodie *****

Hey, anybody know where the best place to find them are? I keep finding websites, but they just sell cheap plastic ones. I also prefer ***** that bolt down rather than strapping on... I've been looking on eBay once in a while, but it's hard to find exactly what you want there. Any links/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Registered

Those things are great, I always heard they were illegal on cars, but who cares? Try this place http://www.thehotrodgirl.com/suicideknobs.html

I just got a new lawn tractor and the skull one looks pretty cool, seems to have a nice clamp too.

Allan H.
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:03 PM

sueacide *****

Hey go to a tractor supply store .get what you want Bolt on. larry@ vintageozarks.com Nice ride

Last edited by ozoneblue; July 28th, 2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add on
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Neg

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check those sites out, but I've also got a tractor supply store in town, never thought of checking there.
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow! Finally an Oldmsmobile on this site that was born before me.

Very pretty looking car. Is that the original paint colors? If you drive this down to the tractor supply store just be careful that its not John Deere. They might try to paint the rest of it JDG. Don't forget to ask for a free hat. Never been to a tractor supply that wouldn't give ya one.

I'd always heard that the early Olds big cars had tons of chrome. Maybe its the color scheme but it doesn't look like it has a lot. Does this car have the famous Rocket engine that lead the way for others to follow? Can't remember exactly, but I think it was somewhere around 1954 or so that it came into being.

So, with the suicide **** (I also think they were cool) what's your lock to lock in turns?
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Registered

Yeah, Tractor Supply is cool, I only use simplysh#tty so no green hats, my 1972 tractor has a steering wheel that looks like an old midget racer, no place for a ****. I also see nice vintage ones at the flea market, every farmer around here has them on their 8n's, the original power steering. In about '73 my buddy had a 60 something massive Buhog junker and he put an 8 inch chain steering wheel on it for kicks, you just couldn't turn fast enough, talk about turns lock to lock. I drove it and it was a little scary, a lot scary if you had to turn, ever drive a car using vice grips as a wheel? He put (welded) on a suicide **** and it was the funniest thing you ever seen. It looked like the guys in the war movies feverishly cranking the cannon elevation wheel when he had to make a hard turn. The car got trashed when he bounced off a guard rail that was on a turn while he was attempting to be cool cruising through Big Boy.

Allan
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Neg

Originally Posted by Allan R
Wow! Finally an Oldmsmobile on this site that was born before me.

Very pretty looking car. Is that the original paint colors? If you drive this down to the tractor supply store just be careful that its not John Deere. They might try to paint the rest of it JDG. Don't forget to ask for a free hat. Never been to a tractor supply that wouldn't give ya one.

I'd always heard that the early Olds big cars had tons of chrome. Maybe its the color scheme but it doesn't look like it has a lot. Does this car have the famous Rocket engine that lead the way for others to follow? Can't remember exactly, but I think it was somewhere around 1954 or so that it came into being.

So, with the suicide **** (I also think they were cool) what's your lock to lock in turns?
Naw, the original color was like a dark turquoise-ish color. Then it was redone inside and out in red at some point, but when I got it I had it repainted green. It does have quite a bit of chrome trim on the exterior; the trim, around the windows, bumper, around the headlights, around the gas tank door, even on the tail lights. The dash has quite a bit of chrome as well. And I do have the rocket engine. :}

Anyway, I checked out ebay a bit more and found a wooden one that I liked. Bought it today. I plan to powder coat the metal the same green color as my car when it gets here.

Last edited by Neg; July 31st, 2008 at 03:07 AM.
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:00 AM

That will look pretty cool with the green metal and the light colored wood. I am surprised those aren't easier to get ahold of. I have a friend with one arm that has one on his truck. He is a cool guy. He even let me borrow his truck to pick up my engine a month or so ago.
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:44 AM

Always go with a steel ****. Used to do a lot of offroad racing with jeeps. Lots of shifting in tight corners and the **** allowed you to shift and steer lock to lock at the same time. The Plastic ones will break of in your hand in a hard turn and if you hit a pot hole at the same time.
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:10 PM

The Plastic ones will break of in your hand in a hard turn and if you hit a pot hole at the same time.
That would be pretty scary when racing off-road.
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

If I were buying one, it would have to one with Marilyn Monroe in it. I am probably dating myself.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:43 AM

That would make your hand feel better, as to the age thing were all young in heart and mind. Its the body that fails to live up to its expections.