Non-Olds Engines For discussion on non-Oldsmobile engines. All forum rules apply.

trouble mounts.

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM

trouble mounts.

seriously have tryed to post here three times. I am working on putting a 70s vintage small bloock chev in an 80 cutlass having trouble with the mounts the ones that should fit the frame dont line up with any of the 20 or so holes in the frame I am getting kind of frusterated. started out with the ones I ended up with, searched and searched. finaly settled on frame pads for an 80 malibu( which also crossed over to my car and about 60 other gm models)
and befoer anyone else says it I know I should have stuck with an olds powerplant it would have been much simpler. I know I cannot possibly be the first guy to do this very thing so I am asking for any help.

Last edited by Christian Peterson; April 1st, 2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: forgot to put in important info
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM

Welcome to the site! Sorry you've had trouble posting. Sometimes if you type a long post it will kick you out and you'll have to sign in again. When I'm afraid that will happen I'll do a copy before trying to post the message. Then if it kicked me out all I have to do is sign in again, then paste my message in a new post window.

I've stayed all Olds with my cars, but we have a forum called non-olds powered where people discuss putting other engines in their cars. I'd encourage you to create another post there asking for advice. Hopefully someone can guide you in the right direction. John
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM

thanks

thanks for the direction
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:47 PM

Trouble mounts

I am working on putting a 70's chev smallblock in my 80 cutlass. and I am having some trouble with the mounts. the worn out 260 I pulled out of there had rubber mounts on the block and small steel fram mounts. the chev has steel cups on the block and requires frame pads in the frame. should be straight forward. not so. the pads I finaly got after three sets of the wrong ones, are for an 80 malibu with a gen 1 smallblock. the pn. also crosses to my car and about 60 other GM models. they do not line up with any two holes on the frame. getting seriously frustrated. any one know where I am going wrong
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM

Keep trying - there's only about 50 different combo's - you'll find the right one - if you've the right motor mounts!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Administrator

I would think you can just treat as any other G body. Heres a link that probably will help you.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewforum.php?f=10
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Welcome to the site! Sorry you've had trouble posting. Sometimes if you type a long post it will kick you out and you'll have to sign in again. When I'm afraid that will happen I'll do a copy before trying to post the message. Then if it kicked me out all I have to do is sign in again, then paste my message in a new post window.

I've stayed all Olds with my cars, but we have a forum called non-olds powered where people discuss putting other engines in their cars. I'd encourage you to create another post there asking for advice. Hopefully someone can guide you in the right direction. John
If you check the box that says " remember me " then you wont have to worry about signing in again . I have mine checked and I never had to log in again , every once in great while I have to re-log in and re-check the box.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM

Please keep us posted. Did the link from oldcutlass answer your question?

John