Non-Olds Engines For discussion on non-Oldsmobile engines. All forum rules apply.

Column Shifter Linkage (73/74 Omega)

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Column Shifter Linkage (73/74 Omega)

I have a 73 Nova, 406sbc with a TH350 ... and I'm still using the column shifter : )

Been trying to fix up my shifter linkage to make up for all the slop in it from years of use (and abuse) and I am having a hard time finding replacement parts.

It's the same shifter linkage setup as my 74 Omega. I switched my Omega over to a B&M ProRatchet shifter ... and love it, but I want to keep my nova on the column.

Tried using the linkage from the Omega, but it's just as worn, if not worse then my current setup on the Nova.

ANYWAYS ...

I've searched thru the net and found a few links with some leads .... but now my question is how many of you with 73/74 Omega have actually used or installed these products ??

I look under the hood, and eye-ball things and am not sure if the following products would line up or work at all.

So, anyone with a 73/74 Omega, running a V8 (sbc) / TH350 ... I need your help!

One of the pieces I came across was from Classic Industries, Part Number #C501774

The following I found from another forum, but was in a thread for an eariler generation was the Lokar ACA-1800

Lastly, Shiftworks.com - Shiftworks has some kit (http://shiftworks.com/kugel.htm)

HELP !! ... not sure where to go from here ........

I have no plans to install a floor shifter, as I love the column shifter : ) Don't see many 12 second cars with a bench and column shifter around here!

Thanks in advance.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM

... will linkage from a 75-79 Omega work on an eariler gen?
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM

After doing some searching and the help of another forum ... I have ordered the KK02 kit from Shiftworks.com ...

Saw some pictures of this kit on a 74 Nova.

Hope it works !!
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM

Sorry I just now saw your post.I have 2 parts cars if the kit dosen't work let me know and maybe I can hook you up with some used stuff.As long as you know what you need.
railguy
Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Railguy
Sorry I just now saw your post.I have 2 parts cars if the kit dosen't work let me know and maybe I can hook you up with some used stuff.As long as you know what you need.
railguy
I got the kit some time ago, but haven't had any time lately to play in the garage.

As mentioned, if the kit doesn't work or work to my liking, I will be in touch : )

Thanks for your reply !!