G'day again from Tasmania, a quick question about 63' 98 floor pans.

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2009, 04:58 PM

G'day again from Tasmania, a quick question about 63' 98 floor pans.

G'day again, my 63' 98 Holiday Sedan is now progressing well and the interior is fully stripped out and in the process of a back to original retrim. As someone had trimmed her at some stage with velour !! Thanks to Norm for his advice on SMS Auto Fabrics they were very helpful, and got the correct cloth to me very quickly. But now to my question I can get carpet in Australia very close to correct colour, in a moulded format but I need to know if 63' Oldsmobile Hardtops shared the same floor pan as Chevrolet. The trim shops I have spoken to here have all told me that 63' Chev, Pontiac etc are the same floor pan but are not shore on Oldsmobile's as there are not a lot of them here. But the numbers are growing . Any help with this question what be great. Thanks !!

P.S sorry about this quick after thought, my power vent motors have also been removed at some stage. I take it that these are are across the board GM product for that year as well ?.

Thanks again
Matt.

Last edited by mattheav; April 25th, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions, but welcome to the site! It's fun to hear how many Oldsmobiles have shown up all around the world
John
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:10 PM

bowl me over with an underarm. Hi buddy just across the water . I won`t tell penal colony jokes if you don`t tell sheep ones .Good to see you here . In Australasia It`s hard to find info if you don`t own a ford or a holden , isn`t it ? And , sorry but I am a beginner and don`t know your answer either.
mike
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Oldsdruid

Matt, the Oldsmobile floor pan is different from Chev/Pontiac. Your Ninety Eight shares floors with Buick Electra and Cadillac which are GM "C" body.

You can use power vent motor/regulators from any 1963-64 GM B or C body car. These are Chevrolet Impala, Pontiac Catalina/Bonneville, Buick LeSabre/Electra, Olds 88/98, and Cadillac except limousine.
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Matt, the Oldsmobile floor pan is different from Chev/Pontiac. Your Ninety Eight shares floors with Buick Electra and Cadillac which are GM "C" body.

You can use power vent motor/regulators from any 1963-64 GM B or C body car. These are Chevrolet Impala, Pontiac Catalina/Bonneville, Buick LeSabre/Electra, Olds 88/98, and Cadillac except limousine.
well ,going on what rocket raider says above , there is a guy -bruce reynolds --in Tasmania who should be able to assist with location of what you need . He is moderator on a site called Modified Cadillac. on the site he goes under Tassie Devil.

mike
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks everyone for taking a look at my question.

Rocketraider, I found some information under C bodies in wiki but it was a bit vague as to 1963. Thanks for confirming this for me.

Mike, great to hear of more Olds down this neck of the woods !!!.
Would you believe I actually worked under Bruce about 16 years ago when I was an apprentice. I have shot him an email and will see what happens.
Thanks for the info also the internet makes the world a very small place

Matt.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Geezer

These should work though for Cadillac. Same GM "C" body but may require some modification to fit though. The "C" body commonality was not shared in total when things got down to the frame level and considerations are given to the fact the transmission and drive shaft tunnel will not necessarily be the same across products sharing the basic body as engines and transmissions were not shared. Floor supports may also be different as can also be the case with the junction of the toe board with the floor pan. This is also a common issue with GM "B" bodied cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT...spagenameZWDVW

In any event starting out with something close is a whole lot better than attempting to fabricate from scratch. If the rust outs are not too bad it might be less work all the way around to just cut out the affected area and weld in a portion from a new floor pan.

Last edited by Texascarnut; May 3rd, 2009 at 06:07 PM.