The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New user....new project

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2019, 07:11 AM

New user....new project

Thanks for adding me. After viewing the forums there is a wealth of knowledge here I am looking forward to tapping into. My wife and I decided we needed a project car and settled on a 66 Cutlass convertible with 330 high compression engine. Body was great with just minor surface rust.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 07:23 AM

Welcome aboard! We always like to see new folks joining, especially when they bring new projects into the fold Good luck with your resto, it looks like your base car is in pretty decent shape to start with. Post up some more pics when you get a chance - we all love to look at each others' cars, LOL! What part of the county are you and the car in?
Old June 2nd, 2019, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, congrats on your new toy. I'm partial to the 64-67 Abodies.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by BackInTheGame
Welcome aboard! We always like to see new folks joining, especially when they bring new projects into the fold Good luck with your resto, it looks like your base car is in pretty decent shape to start with. Post up some more pics when you get a chance - we all love to look at each others' cars, LOL! What part of the county are you and the car in?
We are located in the Atlanta GA area. Once home I will run compression test on the engine. If good I will add EFI and electronic ignition. Then front brakes will be swapped out for disc and I want to do some suspension changes to tighten it up, maybe drop the front a little. Exhaust is next. Meanwhile we will slowly work on the body. Want to get it driveable first.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 03:00 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Congrats on your recent acquisition, great choice, but I am bias since I also have a 66 & 67... Good luck with your project and keep us posted as you progress...
Old June 2nd, 2019, 04:08 PM

Beautiful cars like yours always give me a mental picture of the car finished or what it looked like on the showroom floor. I can't imagine all the driving pleasure that car gave someone. Kids today may never get the chance to experience it.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 08:28 PM

My first Olds was a 66 2dr post f85, bought it used in 69. Ever since I've loved the 66 and 67.
Good luck and enjoy the restoration process!

Last edited by Cutlass Fan; June 3rd, 2019 at 08:31 PM.