The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Please read before posting replies to parts for sale adds

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:55 AM

Please read before posting replies to parts for sale adds

If you search way back (pages) and see something that you like, look at the date it was posted near the title of the post. If it was posted say 4 years ago maybe PM the OP , instead of replying which brings that old thread back up to the new posts section confusing others that it is a new ad and then they get there hopes up and jump into a dead end.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 12:33 PM

I think all posts should include the original date on the post title listing page. I know I have replied to posts then seeing it is old. Maybe this would reduce it.
Yea, I know once I'm on the post it is there and I should look closer, but it happens a lot.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:47 PM

Me too

When I see it in the new posts I don't check the date either. I just assume it's fresh because I have just clicked on the new post button. Original date is a good idea but I don't know how hard it is to make that change.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:17 PM
Administrator

You just need to get in the habit at looking at the date of the original post in the upper left hand corner. I must admit, I still forget to look every now and then.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:17 PM
Frank Ignachuck

How about when you sell something, you post that it's gone and maybe a moderator can block the thread from further replies?

Just a thought.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ignachuck
How about when you sell something, you post that it's gone and maybe a moderator can block the thread from further replies?

Just a thought.
Ummm no..., there are too many to keep track of. People need to note that its sold to prevent people 6 years later to inquire if its still available.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:12 PM

Well it doesn't happen often

just a little more lately but hopefully this thread will probably knock it back to normal.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:17 PM
same but different

I'll make a comment, this is only my opinion.

Like many of you I'm a member of many sites. For the most part, they (these) sites frown upon posting in old threads. They are for the most part more heavily moderated.

This site is not heavily moderated weather you believe it, or not. Its usually done for other reasons.

They (these other sites) would rather have you post a new thread, even if it has been hashed out. This is how they build their own search data base. Sometimes its the software too, that doesn't allow mobile users from seeing the same data as a desktop user.This also makes it "appear" larger to google, when searching if you do it correctly.

At his point I only see the original posters themselves to be able to tell us the part is or isn't still available or is either sold or not sold, until other moderation is considered.