The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

olds 350 need to rebuilt or find one that has already been done

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:36 PM

olds 350 need to rebuilt or find one that has already been done

hi all im new to the olds world i have a 76 delta 88 2 door love this car its curently in elpaso tx an i cant find nothing for this car im in the army currently in iraq an trying to handle things from here i need red lense for taillights rear bumper filler an advice on the engine as far as should i rebuild or swap i dont want to put a chevy in there i think its just wrong to do so but i have to do something advice would be helpful
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well welcome to our site!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the troops away from home. Thanks also for what you all are doing!

Some of the knowledgable guys will chime in eventually and be more than happy to help you out. We have a lot of guys on here from Texas! You should look up Fusicks - they sell a lot of parts for Oldsmobiles. www.fusicks.com A lot of us have ordered things from them. Be a place to start anyhow! Good luck to you.
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM

Talking Welcome to CO

We'll help you out anyway we can. I'm not up on the 76 Olds myself. Someone with more experience will chime in your year of 350 with advice. I'm sure the 350 engine is worth rebuilding so we can start from there. Be safe, I think about you guys that are over there all of the time.

Pat
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:33 PM

thanks you all for the words of encouragement an i will do my best to keep safe this my 3 tour over here an i figured hell im going to try something a lil diffrent an build up a oldsmobile an here i am i will check the site that was given an thanks for the help i will post pics as soon as i get more
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:31 PM

I agree with the others, welcome to the site and thank you for your service to our country! When you get home, what part of the states to you call home? If you'd post your city/state that would help others know if they're close enough to offer you an engine or parts. John
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:39 PM

im stationed in elpaso tx an my cars are there too in the shop waiting on paint an my engine decesion i will be back to elpaso in may so i have a lil time thanks for all your thoughts an prayers
Old November 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM

quick question

i got a email from my painter an he stated that the car when sitting an idle it runs fine but when you drive it the rear end makes alound clinking noise like (newer cars with bad cv joints on it) any one has any idea what this could be cause its definetly coming from the rear end an i have no idea what it could be any help i would be thankful
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM

Look for the simplest thing first and hope to find it soon! Does it have rally wheels that could have a loose center cap or bezels? How about the U-joint, is it tight or loose and coming apart? If those check out OK look inside the brake drums to see if anything springs fell off and are rattling around. Then if those all look good start checking bearing on the axle ends and inside the differential. Those are my thoughts, John
Old November 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM

thanks john i will have him get a mech to check those things out
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO, thanks for your service.

I think you will have to find the body parts on a forum like ours or locally from a junk yard. To my knowledge Fusick and Kanter won't have those parts. The body filler in particular may take a while to find, the tail light lenses may be easier.