The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

newbie from Ct.

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM

newbie from Ct.

hello all. I am new to this forum as I have just discovered it.
I am the owner of a 64 f85 plain jane 2door post. when I mean plain jane it had no trim (that I know of) on the interior or exterior even down to the rear view mirror w/o the day night feature even the door panels were different thatn most
I have own the car for 30 years and have started several attempts at restoration. Most were bad as I had no idea of what I was doing . ie: 20 years ago I redid one floor pan with very thin sheet metal and being ignorant but poly plastic between floor pans and carpet . the end result was rotting out the entire floor.
them about 7 years ago was my second try at it which included rebuilding the 330 2 br carb. I did replace floor pans but still did it wrong.
the car sat dorment for a nother several years as had some troble with the engine (one lifter would not pump up) and it was racing too much(more on that later) one main reason I did/could not work on it was 1) always worked on either my car brothers car nieces car (all our daily driver) and 2) I had fallen ill at the same time My dad did.
(sorry for the long story ) Now I have time to start to work on it again (although most ppl say it is a basket case (well I will not go into details in what else they say ) but I remember an article I read a long time ago that if I was going to try and resll it it would not be worth it but if it is a keeper it is definelyt worth the labour of love . the frame is still soid and so is most of the body (pics will soon to come) one reason I have time is I am recently unemployed .but no money for things I need.
anyway I was hoping for some future guidance in helping with my restoration like how to properly install new floor pan.
I will be purchasing new full pans . form what online part co should I purchase them form ??
thanks in advance a fellow olds lover
Old September 26th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Welcome. Where are you located and some pics would be appreciated.
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM

New England Olds Show this Sunday in case you might be interested.

http://www.neolds.com/neoc2013.pdf
Old September 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM

thank-you for the welcome I live in Fairfield county near Danbury I will post some pics later
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by wgonzo64
thank-you for the welcome I live in Fairfield county near Danbury I will post some pics later
Hello neighbor! Welcome to the forum. I live right in Danbury and I'm leading a small caravan of Oldsmobiles to the New England Olds Club show this Sunday, the 29th. Hope to see you there!

John
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM

hello to you also neighbor, I would love to attend but have other engagments, I hope to converse with you some other time . I was also thinking of joining the NEOC again . thanks for the welcome and invite
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM

uploaded some pics

it did not work

Last edited by wgonzo64; September 27th, 2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: picture did not upload
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by wgonzo64
hello to you also neighbor, I would love to attend but have other engagments, I hope to converse with you some other time . I was also thinking of joining the NEOC again . thanks for the welcome and invite
Sure thing. I really like being in the NEOC. I actually feel like I'm a part of the club. I'd recommend joining. I'm around so reach out whenever you'd like.

John

and post some pics of the F-85
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM

huh it did not work I did something wrong help ???!!!
Old September 27th, 2013, 07:00 PM

I think this may work
http://s75.photobucket.com/user/wgon...?sort=3&page=1
Old September 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM

Welcome to CO
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:56 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO! Yes the pic link worked. Looks like a pretty nice car. You can start a thread in the "Major Builds and Projects" section for your restoration.