The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Newbe

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM
"E"

Newbe

Just to say hello and thanks in advance. My car is an 83 olds 88
307 engine. It's was my granddad been sitting up since 99. The bad thing is that it was outside in the back yard under a pecan tree. Now it time for me to bring her back to life.
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Welcome, post some pic's.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Justin

Welcome !! X2 on pics
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:06 PM

welcome x3 for the pics.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO!
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by "E"
My car is an 83 olds 88
307 engine. It's was my granddad
Cool. I remember a TV show like this, except that the car was the guy's mother, not his grandfather, and it was a '28 Porter, not an '83 Olds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Mother_the_Car
Old November 18th, 2020, 12:41 PM

Good afternoon. I am new to this thread but not new to Oldsmobile. My first was a 1967 Toronado. Bucket seats, automatic air, power windows/seats. Great car. Wish I still had it. I am finally to a point where I can use some sage advice. And maybe give some.

I traded my Toronado in on a 1974 455 Cutlass Salon. Fully equipped as well. Made in Arlington, Texas. Bought off the showroom floor. A shootout was going on outside while I was negotiating. I still have the replacement for that one. The first one burned up in a fire during restoration. The second 350 Cutlass Salon came out of southern california. It was a one owner stored in a garage for the first 35 years of its life. A neighbor bought it but had to sell it after a year because his wife would not fit in it. Literally. I met her too. I flew out, picked it up, drove it straight through to Dallas. Zero rust, seriously. Good paint. Good vinyl roof. 76,000 miles. Original engine and Quadrajet was flawless. It looked like a number 2 car. And I tore it completely down and rebuilt it.

You can see it and the original on my website www.wblondon.com. I salvaged the 455 (rebuilt and warmed it up), 400 transmission (I added a missing clutch pack), and 3.08 positrac out of the original and put it in Cutlass #2. I also added all of the power options to it, so it was a bit of a project, particularly with the new wiring. It sits "complete", but there is no such thing as a completed car.

I just added a FAST 2.0 fuel injection system to it. Very happy with those results. Next up is a little interior work and maybe a little paint refreshment. But she is running and driving reliably.

Of course, now I regret the big change to the second car. Should have kept it like it was. But clear thinking is not abundant on my side of the family.

Next stop is a spark plug forum to go along with my fuel injection.
Old November 18th, 2020, 12:43 PM

Welcome to the site. You might want to start your own thread in the newbie forum, rather than glomming on to a thread that's not been visited in 7 years.
Old November 18th, 2020, 04:14 PM

Thank you for the heads up. If I could figure out how to do it I would. Any thoughts? I have found nothing to click.
Old November 18th, 2020, 04:29 PM

It is not difficult. You are in the newbie forum right now as you can see if you look at the chain of links at the top of this page. Just click on "The Newbie Forum." Alternatively, if you were not already in the newbie forum, you could click on the "ClassicOldsmobile.com" link at the left upper left.

If you're already IN the newbie forum, click on the link circled in red on the right. If you're in any other forum and want to get to the newbie forum (or any other forum), click on the "ClassicOldsmobile.com" link circled in red on the left.

If you click on the ClassicOldsmobile.com link, you are taken to the site's home page, where this is at the top left. The Newbie forum is one of the first ones listed. Click on it.

Clicking on the Newbie forum link takes you to this page. Click on the "New Thread" link, give your new thread a title, and start typing away! Click "save" or "Submit" or whatever it is button at the bottom, and there you are. You might do the "preview post' first, though, and check what you've written for typos or whatever before finally submitting. But you can also always go back and edit a post you created after it's been posted.

Last edited by jaunty75; November 18th, 2020 at 07:59 PM.