The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to the olds omega

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:08 PM

New to the olds omega

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 73 olds omega about a month ago. It has the 350 rocket with the 4 barrel carb. It has 87K original miles. This is my first project car and found a good deal on it that I couldn't pass up. It needs work and will be slowly done when funds come available. It needs:
- body work, rust around wheel wells and other spots then a new paint job
- new interior. All seats are torn bad and dash is cracked
- engine mods. It runs currently but I know it could do and sound better. I plan to keep the 350 and modify it.

My questions are where do you recommend for engine parts. I've used Jegs in the past and trust them for advice.

Can anyone find replacement exterior parts. I need tail lights, emblems, and whatever it takes to make it original. I've found its hard to find parts.

Any help is appreciated.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 06:43 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Welcome to the site and welcome to Oldsmobile ownership. You are going to get pretty much the same parts from Jegs, Summit and Speedway Motors. Your engine will depend on what you want to do with the car. Is it going to be a race car, a street car that occasionally sees the strip or just a nice cruiser. One you have decided that, then there are folks on here who can give you good advice as to what to build. You also need to decide what you budget is. Parts are going to be hard to find because nobody reproduces them like they do for A body cars. Place an ad in the parts wanted section here. Ebay can also be your evil friend. Good luck with your car.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, we do like pictures. Most mechanical parts can be had at your local parts store. Specialty performance parts may be available through a want ad here or any of the performance suppliers. Body, trim and interior are a bit harder but with some patience come available at times.
Old August 24th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Old(s) Fart

Welcome. Your Omega is a Nova with an Olds engine, so most of the Nova patch panels will work. Same thing with suspension and brake parts. Of course the Olds 350 motor is unique to the Olds version, so you'll need to get Olds parts for it. Good luck. These are cool cars.
Old August 24th, 2015, 05:29 PM

How do I post photos?

How do I post photos?
Old August 24th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Administrator

To post pics read this:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-pictures.html
Old August 24th, 2015, 06:55 PM

Post some pics when you get a chance.

I like Jegs, but you can get a lot of stuff off of the site and from Ebay for your car.