The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New Olds Guy here.

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2009, 03:27 AM

New Olds Guy here.

Just wanted to say hello, i'm a new guy to the site. I just purchased a
1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme SX with the Y-79 Pkg. 455 4bb. (running). Car is in good shape, quick !! I hope to learn alot from all the guys here
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:35 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Post some pics pronto

Take that citcapp another A body
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Trying to remember member

Welcome!
Have you been to the SX webpage? http://www.sx455.com/
Terry (vette442 here on CO) will want you get registered there!
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:07 AM

Workng on the pic's and thanks for the new site info will do...
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:09 AM

Pics 101

When you reply make sure you are in “Advanced” If it says post a “Quick reply” hit “Advanced”

Scroll down below the box you type in and hit “ Manage Attachments” A new box will pop up.

Hit “Browse”

The hit “Upload” and wait a few secs for the pics to up load. Then close this box.
Next you can hit “Preview Post and your pictures should be there.

There is a size limit on pics
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:10 AM

Thanks alot, that will help.
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Past Administrator

You found yourself a nice car, welcome to CO.
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:04 AM

Talking Welcome to CO

Yep post some pictures and tell us about your plans for the Olds.

Never mind that its just an A body. There ok
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome!!
Old October 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Gotta love those 70 A bodies!!
Old November 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM

Finally got a pic 1970 cutlass SX

Finally got one pic, maybe more later....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1970 Olds SX.....jpg (7.0 KB, 16 views)
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM
car guy

nice car...welcome to the site
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM

New to the forum

Hello Classic Olds Forum...
Recently joined the forum to celebrate Olds and it's legends and to tap into the knowledge pool here for maintanence and up-keep for my Olds. A little about Artdlr and his Olds...
I live in League City, Texas {a Houston suburb}, North of Galveston about 25 miles. Married with no kids but a dog who is treated like a little kid. My 89 year old pop lives with my wife and I and it's all good. He's razor sharp and loves life. My Olds is a 1955 2 door coupe. It's a green and buttercream yellow two tone. It's got 89k on the odometer and in excellent original condition. I purchased the car from the original owner who lives in Sacremento California who recieved it as a wedding gift from his Pop in 1955. A retired auto mechanic for nearly 40 years he kept the Olds in excellent shape. He and his wife moth-balled the Olds in 1974 or 1975 when they could finally afford a new car. He parked the Olds in the garage and put about 400 miles per year on the car from 74 until I purchased it. We met through an advert he placed in Hemmings Motor News describing the car. It was exactly what I had been searching for and a price point I could afford. I had the car shipped here to Texas via an auto transport. It arrived in great condition {dirty but great overall} exactly as I had been told. My goal is to restore the car to concours condition with a perhaps a few modifications such as an under-dash A/C. Heat at the Texas coast is wacky hot and can make a Sunday drive not-fun... A/C is imminent. Plus I'd like to restore the paint to a lustre and finish that speaks of Olds quality. No changes to the originality but a few up-grades and mods. It's taken me a bit of time to get used to the delays at the fuel stations, restaurants or where-ever we stop on Sundays and visit with folks who had a similar car in thier teens/twenties, always fun to hear the stories and see them re-connect to the past. Even had one fellow who was near my Pops age and made himself at home in Olds while my wife and I were in a fast food restaurant. He sat behind the wheel and was busy looking when we exited the restaurant. we walked up to the car and visited while he talked about his Olds days. He smiled and was on his way laughin' and scratchin'... it's all good.
I've even got a great story about why I had to have this exact model/color/year and searched for quite some time to find it. I'll elaborate more on that later. Thanks for allowing me to join and listen in on the forum.
Artdlr
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Captain of my ship

Welcome

Welcome to CO . I take it from your user name you are an art dealer? Glad that you found a car you really enjoy and there are a few guys on this forum who have 50's Olds and don't mind sharing some info. You will have to post pics of your car when you get around to filling us in on the reasons for your choice of year/model/color etc. You should post a new thread as well when you do so you are easier to find. Cheers.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM

Thanks Wolfman98. Glad to know there are a few 50's era members here, I'll dialog with them about the in's and out's of 50's care. Initially I did try to post a new thread but was denied access... I suppose it is due to my brand new status with the forum. I'll try again and will dialog with the moderators / forum IT if I continue to have issues posting. Will do on elaborating on the reason for my acquisition of my 55 2 door coupe and I'll post a few pic's as well.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:57 AM
Captain of my ship

We used to have a 5 post minimum before anyone got full access to help with the spam but now it usually takes a couple days and a coup[le posts. once you are a registered user you should be good , if you do have issues after this then contact an administrator.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:03 AM
Past Administrator

You shouldn't be having any trouble starting a new thread, I checked your account and it all seems to be in order. If you are still can't then try to make a screen shot of the error message or else report it to Omicron (Paul). He is much more savvy with this kind of thing and will be able to correct whatever is wrong.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM

Talking Welcome to CO

Artdlr,

Start a thread in the Vintage olds forum with your questions and post some pictures. Glad to have another 50's guy with us
Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM

Welcome to the site.