The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New Guy from WV

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2010, 11:16 PM

So today/yesterday I went back to heaven and got the new windshield for my '59. Had to remove it myself and transport it back home. I nearly had a heart attack the entire time, being so terrified of breaking it upon removal or during transport, especially since it was the only windshield I could get for my car.

I also managed to pick up stainless fender-well trim (front and rear), front parking light lenses and rings, a rear-view mirror, and a couple of side-view mirrors to compare and see which will go best on the car. I feel like I robbed the guy cuz he only charged me $100 for the windshield and $25 for everything else.

I need to correct a statement I had previously made about the family and the dealership that these vehicles belong to.

The dealership was founded by the father of the man that I do business with. It actually began operations when Pontiac Motor Company was introduced by General Motors in 1926. The dealership survived the entire life of Pontiac, God rest it's soul, and unfortunately ceased operations when Pontiac died. Another statement of mine regarding the dealership not reselling vehicles that had been traded in is true.
Old October 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Jim R

WELCOME!
I'm a transplant. Moved from Mo'town to NC 20 years ago so I could keep working. Grew up in Nitro. I'm looking for a 59 convertible. Good luck with your D 88.
Jim
Old October 16th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Cruizin

Those pictures of all those buried cars makes me sad

So much potential, left out to rot