The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New guy here

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2016, 07:13 PM

New guy here

hello everyone, first I have to apologize, I'm a vw fanatic, I have built and restored 12 different Volkswagen from bugs to fastbacks, notches, buses, all my kids drive vws, my wife drives a vw thing, that she wont stop driving long enough for me to finish. But I have falling in love with the 455 olds. I bought a Camaro stock car a few years ago, that someone had stuck, a stock 455 olds, bolted to a chevy th400, and I did rather well on the track with the set up, i loved the raw toque, well the race season just ended, and I pulled the motor and trans, and sold the car, I have big plans for the motor, I actually have a 64 bug sitting on s10 frame, and I plan to use the 455 power plant in, I have been reading thread after thread on your site researching 455 engine builds, so I decided I should join the web site. I'm basically looking for a stump puller build, I really don't care what the hp numbers are, I'm just wanting a bullet proof mild build, it will be primarily used for drag racing at our local track, 1/8th mile. my brother in law is currently running a 1970 vw with 440 727 combo, and to be honest, My old 2275 vw motor just cant keep up, I'm hoping some one can send me in the right direction, on a decent build, anyway thank you all for your time, and I bet I got a few of your attentions, you all must thing I'm crazy,, vw bug, 455olds. its been a project of mine for a couple of years now. and now that I'm done with circle track, I'm aiming my attention back to the stripe, once again, thank you folks
Old October 5th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

The 455-in-a-VW thing is one of the more "common" major modifications, due to the availability of Toronado front wheel drive systems to stuff into the back of a beetle (a feature shared by no other American V8 manufacturers, except for Cadillac).

The folks here will get you pointed in the right direction.

Welcome to ClassicOlds.

- Eric
Old October 6th, 2016, 03:45 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site. I had a friend that stuck a 440/torqueflite trans in a bug. It was a tire shredder as traction was nill. The principles are the same for a 455. Lets see it.