The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM

Question New Guy

I've Owned 3 Cutlasses in My 46 years, but never had the time or resorses to restore one to mint condition. But I always thought of then as some of My faverites. I have a 1971 cutlass thats in pretty ruff shape, I don't see Myself doing much with this one either, But I know someone with some skills and alot more money than Me can do something with it. probably use it for a parts car, The frame is broken at the driver side 4 link mount and there is a lot of rust in some spots.I know its getting hard to find the old american steel these days but I'm afraid I'll end up scrapping the old girl, but I hate seeing good parts go to waist. Any advice on what to do with it would be nice.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

If you through some picture on here it will help. Sounds like it probably needs to be relegated to being a parts car. Give us an idea as to what is good on the car. Does it run, is it by any chance a 455, bucket seats, floor shift, disk brakes, etc. To me it is sad that once great cars come to an end and have to be parted out but parting them out and helping others complete a restoration is a helluva lot better than crushing the whole car.
Old September 24th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Past Administrator

Glad to have you with us here at CO.
Old September 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

X2 on the pics

Here's pics 101

When you reply make sure you are in “Advanced” If it says post a “Quick reply” hit “Advanced”

Scroll down below the box you type in and hit “Manage Attachments” A new box will pop up.

Hit “Browse”

The hit “Upload” and wait a few secs for the pics to up load. Then close this box.
Next you can hit “Preview Post” and your pictures should be there.

There is a size limit on pics