The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to forum 69 Cutlass S

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2009, 06:19 PM

New to forum 69 Cutlass S

Hey been watching the site and gleaning some great information. This is my first time posting and I will likely be asking lots of questions over the coming months as I work on my DIY restoration. Thanks for the great site and community!

AJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1969_Cutlass_Right_Front.JPG (46.4 KB, 17 views)
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Another 69!!!

I think you guys are cloning yourselfs or interbreeding or something. Welcome to the site. There are a whole bunch of 69'ers here. Jamesbo gonna love this. I feel the dig comming already
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:21 AM

Welcome to CO AJ. Many members with much knowledge. Enjoy
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:31 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

69's are so fine

Citcapp are we keeping count on the 69's here?

Citcapp is just in a tizzy cause someone the other day compared his car to a Bel Air and he hasn't slept since. I think he's developed a twitch.

But we're all buds here so ax away and some of the more intellignet people [not me] will give you the help you need.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bearwave.jpg (332.0 KB, 3 views)
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM

Welcom to the site. Nice looking 96 S.
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:24 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Captain of my ship

Welcome 69er

As you have already seen this is a great site to get info. So what are your plans for your Cutlass S anyhow?
So Pat what is your assesment on the # to weight ratio
Old July 26th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO.
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Well here is the story with the Cutlass. Back in 2002 I came to visit my parents from college for the weekend. I noticed the tail end of the cutlass sticking out of the neighbors barn and went down to check it out. I tried to find someone to ask about it but the neighbor wasn't around so no luck. The next week my dad went and talked to the neighbor when they were outside, and asked about it as it looked like they were preparing to pull down the barn. Neighbor said my dad could have the car if he would take it away. So, he took out a section of the fence seperating the property, hooked his truck up to the car and dragged it the 20 yards into the backyard since the tranny on the cutlass was fully locked up.

Anyway, this last year my dad passed the car onto me after having most of the body work done and getting the engine/drivetrain running. Interior is more or less shot, I am in the process of installing a new headliner, and have replaced all the weatherstripping over the last few weeks. I am planning for the car to just be a driver, but it should be a fun one at that. It does look like its fully numbers matching and is running the 350 rocket engine.

So thats the story!

AJ
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Captain of my ship

So your dad got the car for nothing from what I read and he fixed the body and motor enough to get it running , then passed it on to you. Now you are doing the interior Sounds like a great story and hopefully you get it done soon so you can start enjoying the Cutlass the way it should be.
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Past Administrator

Free is always good!
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Captain of my ship

X2

yeah I can relate cause I guess you could say I got my Olds for free.My dad left me his 29 Model A leatherback and after he passed away I managed to trade even for the 69-98 convertible. I think I got the better deal
Old July 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Yeah it worked out pretty good. My mom inherited a 66 mustang convertible from my grandfather when he passed away, so the Cutlass was pretty much just collecting dust under a cover in the backyard. Its nice to be able to work on finishing the project.

Speaking of which, anyone know where I can find a decent "how-to" for headliner replacement? I have the Fisher body repair book, but as far as I can tell, the headliner replacement is more or less just a schematic, its kinda difficult to tell heads from tails on replacement.

AJ
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
As you have already seen this is a great site to get info. So what are your plans for your Cutlass S anyhow?
So Pat what is your assesment on the # to weight ratio
4,325 LB isn't that about 1000 lbs more then a 69 Olds Cutlass. The way I figure it my 57's about a Cutlass and 1/3