The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

new dude from rural indiana

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM

new dude from rural indiana

whats up, i'm derrick, just thought i'd say hi, you'll probably be seeing alot of me. i had a 1971 cutlass sport coupe when i was 18. like an idiot, i SOLD it when i was 21. now im 35, ive got a good job, a wife and 3 kids ,i own a home free and clear, and i own my vehicles, so i decided it was time to get another cutlass. after a couple months of searching 4 states, i came across my new baby (shhh, dont tell mt wife ,) an unmolested, 1972 cutlass S hardtop, with 113,000 original miles, and an original interior that looks as good as new, except for 1 small crack near the bottom right corner of the heater control unit. its even still got the original, working, am radio , its been painted one time, and had the original top replaced 1 time. its really a beautiful car. thats what the chiks say, anyway. , im proud of it, and myself for all the overpriced junk i passed up before i found this one. i paid 6000, and the guy put about $1000 in tune up, brakes, brake components , brake drums, filters, tires, exhaust, and some other stuff on the car before he listed it.(i bought it from a muscle car collector) so tell me if 6000 was a good deal in your opinion, from what i can tell, and from the asking prices of the good cars, and the junk ive looked at, i got a good deal. (even found a rusted out car, same model as i have, with a 15 ft maple growing through the trunk, for 2000$), there is no bondo in my car either. i know a bunch of you will say "wtf are you thinking?, (for not keeping it original) (hey, im not gonna sell it, and you only live once, right?) but i plan on putting a little personal touch to it, crager classic wheels, n50 tires in the rear, *** end raised 3 inches, white stripes, a cowl hood, posi rearend, then some minor mods to the engine, not too drastic, i still need to be able to afford fuel. anyway, ill quit boring you folks, look forward to your input. take care and look forward to communicating with the "regulars" in the forum.

derrick
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM

Hey Derrick! Welcome to the site. A lot of good stuff here. Let me be the first to ask for pics of the new ride. I really like the 68-72's great body style. Keep us posted on the progress.
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:13 AM

Welcome to CO

Pictures are a must you know! We need to see it if order to give our expert opinions (just kidding) but not about the pictures
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM

hmmmm, added a pic to my profile,,,ill get all this figured out soon enough,,,,,,
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM

HI Derrick, welcome to the site. This place is awesome, you'll have a great time here.

Tony
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site! Car looks nice in your avatar picture.
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM

thanks cutlassgal, look for more pics of the car posted tonight, time tocrash for a while, i do the third shift industrial maintenance thing in a turkey plant,,,,nothin like workin with 480 volts while your standing in water :-)
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Nice ride

welcome!

N50's... I remember those from yrs ago

What I really want to know is how do you have a house paid off at age 35?!
Old August 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Easy,,,,,but I did say home, meaning, could be mobile home, lol, and i own two of them, on there own country acerage, one we use as a rental,,,,,my wife just graduated nursing school, so the "house", is in the mix for next spring........plus,,,,,,at 34, a 15 yr loan would have made that possible.....and is a way better deal than a 30 yr mortgage...you dont have to be rich these days to have what u want, ya gotta be smart...
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Welcome... Nice car!!!!