The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Need some beginner info

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2014, 07:22 AM

Need some beginner info

Hey guys haven't been on here for a while, but I got a few questions. Decided I'm gonna turn my 66 felt into a bit I a "slo touring" car, and I need some info on upgrades. Do impala suosension and brake parts work on the olds? There both b bodies so I would think suspension and chassis wise they would be the same. Looking at upgrading to disc brakes and possibly a mild suspension upgrade. Does anybody know of any of these cars that has had a similar treatment?
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:24 AM

Sorry * 66 delta. Stupid autocorrect.
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Dirtydelta
Hey guys haven't been on here for a while, but I got a few questions. Decided I'm gonna turn my 66 felt into a bit I a "slo touring" car, and I need some info on upgrades. Do impala suosension and brake parts work on the olds? There both b bodies so I would think suspension and chassis wise they would be the same. Looking at upgrading to disc brakes and possibly a mild suspension upgrade. Does anybody know of any of these cars that has had a similar treatment?
Unfortunately, despite both being B-body cars, the Olds and Chevy suspension and brake parts do not interchange. Chevy used smaller brakes and a 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern. Olds used larger brakes and a 5 x 5" bolt pattern. There is no easy disc brake swap for the 65-70 Olds B/C body cars. There is a thread here where one member is redrilling 2010 Camaro rotors to fit the Olds drum brake hubs. Try search.
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the info. What about suspension wise? I'm i restricted to chopping the coils to get a couple inches lower?
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:16 PM

This is my first car build so I've got some rookie questions