The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Looking for 68 cutlass convertible seats

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2015, 03:08 PM

Looking for 68 cutlass convertible seats

Hi all. My name is Lee. I have a 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertible that it is time for me to restore. I have had the car for 23 years. It was my first car and I ran the wheels off during high school. For the last nearly 20 years it has not been stored inside. I recently moved to a new home and NOW HAVE A GARAGE. So Im pretty stoked to have a place to work on and store it. I already have complete new suspension, wheels and tires installed. Hopefully the top guy is putting the new top on this weekend. I have found every part I need down to the nut and bolts. Only thing Im having no luck finding is the dash and front split bench seat. So, long story short, Im looking for any info as to where to find a good condition dash, and more importantly at this point good seat frames with springs or complete seats. Need front split bench and rears as well. No head rest's, no fold down center council. I can get the padding and covers, but cant seem to find the frames with tracks and springs in good condition. Mine are completely rusted out. Any help that any of you could give me would be more than appreciated. If there is any interest in this post, I can give old pics when it was nice (only have a couple) and new pics in the horrible shape it is in now, and future pics of progress. Thanks again in advance for any help. Take care. Lee.
Old June 19th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Randy C.

Welcome to this site and welcome another '68! There's a lot of expertise at this site with the '68 and '69 models so if you have questions, be sure to ask and you will get the right answers.

Check out the parts for sale and also you might want to make a "parts wanted" ad for this site. No guarantees but sometimes what you need shows up. Where are you located?

Have fun putting your car back together again and enjoying many "top down" days!

Randy C.
Old June 19th, 2015, 07:14 PM

I have three 68s that I am parting out. Unfortunately, I have someone coming to pick up the one bench seat tomorrow.
I have two complete dashes along with a lot of other parts.

I recommend you search through the parts for sale regularly. You're bound to find a lot of what you need there.
Good luck
Tom
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:25 PM

Hi, Randy. Thanks for the warm welcome. Im located in Glasgow Montana. Middle of nowhere to say the least. Yet possibly the last best place on earth.
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:30 PM

Hey, Tom. Man I wish I would have found this site earlier. I sure would be interested in seeing some pics of those dashes. Mine has cracks all over. I could use front and rear bumpers also. I just want stuff in good to great shape. Im headed over to check out the parts for sale section of the site now. Thanks for the tip. Im not much for computers, so it may take me awhile to get the hang of things around here. Thanks again.

Lee
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by 1968oldscutlass
Hey, Tom. Man I wish I would have found this site earlier. I sure would be interested in seeing some pics of those dashes. Mine has cracks all over. I could use front and rear bumpers also. I just want stuff in good to great shape. Im headed over to check out the parts for sale section of the site now. Thanks for the tip. Im not much for computers, so it may take me awhile to get the hang of things around here. Thanks again.

Lee

I have a driver quality non-A/C dash pad for $100 + shipping & crating. It doesn't have any cracks but there are two indentations in it.

The pics can be seen here:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-69-parts.html

I've gotten much of the indents out but I don't have a recent picture
Old June 20th, 2015, 09:31 AM

Sorry, I forgot to mention mine has A/C. I think I might have found one on the parts for sale. Thanks again.

Lee