The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi everyone, new guy here from Canada

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2019, 12:03 AM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by youngoldsguy
I really like those wheels Vintage Chief. They will look cool on your car Im sure. I will take the time to look now. I kinda know what I like now seeing so many car pictures here.
76olds I really like the wheels on your car as well. Could you tell me what they are please. About how much they would cost me to buy some new ones.
Thank you

Hi Jesse,
The rims on our lite blue car are Cragar SS . They are a really nice rim and not over priced. I bought these a few years back but forget how much I/we payed. I think you could get all 4 in 15" for about $1250.00 Canadian.
You sound really excited to get your car home and begin working on it, that's great ! II hope you and your Dad have many good memories to share during and after getting it to where you really want it.
I'm about 1 1/2 hours south of you. I have the 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Chassis Service manual you could borrow at any time. My wife is up in the area at least once a month.
Also, I have a few Chrome pieces I will hang onto for you. I have an extra 14" X 3 Edelbrock air breather that came with an extra carb I bought during a carb deal a few years ago.
I have a used Edelbrock 1406 600CFM carb with electric choke as well. Its nice and clean, not dried up.
I also have a nice factory distributor, with a red MSD Cap/rotor brass terminals, moroso curve kit, accel module and coil . Have some blue Taylor- 8mm spiro pro wires as well.
Everything above is used accept for the breather.
Please, don't pressure your dad too much . He sounds like he's busy plus trying to move things around to accommodate your car.
My parts aren't going anywhere, when you have your car home you and your dad can come down to my place for a visit and I will show you the parts. I'm sure we can work out a great deal and you will have some nice parts to begin with.
Happy to have such a young guy with us! As others mentioned, you will have the coolest car in your friendly circle. Not the fastest and won't be quicker than your buddies cars.
I will tell you why.
Because, these cars need to take their time cruisin by people, and crowds, so everyone can have a good look at them. That the special part of owning a 1976 Olds!
Looking forward to hearing more from you in the coming weeks. Keep us posted and any questions, just ask away. You have some many guys here that know everything their is to know about Oldsmobiles and how to keep them running smooth.
Now, I have a question for you, How many miles are on your car , and did your grandma keep any records on what type of work or maintenance she has done over the years. This wil help everyone out here, if you happen to have any questions regarding troubleshooting an issue down the road.

All the best Jesse,
Eric