The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi all!

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2018, 12:49 PM

I'm inside cooling off for a few. 90 outside and the car is in full sun. The back carpet doesn't feel as rotten but I plan to yank on it a little and see if it tears. I haven't tried independently trying to get into the trunk and he gets up to work at 230 and doesn't get back until 4ish in the afternoon so I'm trying not to bug him on work days.
Old July 31st, 2018, 01:50 PM

Depending on your skill level, willingness to learn, the space, the extra time, have access to borrow certain things-engine hoist,certain tools, a lift, transmission jack etc and have more experienced friends in certain areas of your build that can come over and lend a hand. This all can really help you save a lot of $$$$ when you start on your build. Other, wise I'm agreeing with a few others you will be in it $$$ way to deep. My 64 F-85 build ONLY took place because I have what I mentioned above. That said-someday when it comes time to sell my car I still most likely will not get out what the amount of money I put in it. Few do ( they say they do). However this still a hobby and hobbies can get expensive. I do not play golf and have heard that's not cheap either! Either is boating, cruise clubs etc.My sweat equity over the last 7 years in the build was very satisfying and I will be cruising the streets soon and the will attend several Old's meetings. There is a TON of experience in this Club that's here. Let us help you determine what route you want to take on your 68. Here are just a few pictures of what can be done. Trust me, if I can you can!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN1975.JPG (45.1 KB, 4 views)
IMG_0089.JPG (2.39 MB, 4 views)
IMG_0268.JPG (944.9 KB, 4 views)
IMG_3803.JPG (274.3 KB, 3 views)
IMG_3804.JPG (252.5 KB, 3 views)
Old July 31st, 2018, 02:00 PM

Have access to all of the above He does keep telling me that she won't ever be worth more than we are going to wind up spending so I should build her the way I want her and not necessarily stick with original interior/exterior colors. I hope that I'm interested enough to understand the things I want to learn.
Old July 31st, 2018, 02:38 PM

Sounds like a plan. I think they moved your thread over to "Major Projects and Builds"
Old August 1st, 2018, 10:42 AM
'59 Olds Super 88 Project

Going to follow this one to see how it turns out. Best of luck to you both and have fun with it. MP