The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM

Hi

I'm Zack and I'm currently working on a 76 Cutlass S project. The whole car is going to pretty much be restored (interior and exterior); I'm currently looking for any parts that anyone has and I might even be able to sell some extra's that I have in the near future. If you have any parts or anything feel free to pm me.

Once the car gets further along I'll add some pictures probably.

I'm only 15 and the car has been my grandma's since it was brand new but has been sitting since about 1990 so it's in need of a lot of work. Not my favorite body style but it's something to be proud of when it's all done .

Last edited by Zack; May 13th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hi Zack and Welcome to our site! You should check out the parts for sale forum and see if there is anything you're interested in on there.
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Don't wait til she's togther. We'd love to see pics of your progress
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Clueless Mechanic

welcome and there is also a parts request thread
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:35 PM

Alright, thanks for the advice. At the moment all I've got done is completely gutting the car; It's got the original motor yet.

I'm not sure but would it be worth rebuilding the 260 that's in it or should I look for something a bit larger ?
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO Zack.
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:13 AM

Welcome.
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Oldsdruid

Zack, find yourself an Olds 350 or 403 for the car. The 260 IMHO was just way too small and underpowered to haul those heavy cars around, and people here often have an engine or two laying around. For the money spent, if you have to rebuild an engine, the 260 doesn't compare to the larger displacement engines. Those will also drop in place of a 260 like they were made to go there.

If you find a rebuilder or even a running core engine, we can tell you how to check the numbers to find out exactly what you're looking at.

If the car doesn't have the typical 70s rust, mid 70s Cutlass is a nice car to own for your first car. They're reasonably simple mechanically and parts are not hard to find.

Let us know your general location and someone here may be fairly close by.

I have a 1974 Hurst/Olds which is very similar so I can answer questions you may have. Also visit 73-77olds.com which is dedicated to the Colonnade cars. Not quite as much traffic as here, but there's a lot of very knowledgeable people there who will help. I'm 58thndy over there.