The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

hello olds fans

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:44 AM

Smile hello olds fans

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am the current owner of a black/silver 83 cutlass supreme. I usually dont do much vehicle shopping online, but I was bored one afternoon a few months back and got on Ebay and ran across my cutlass about 200 miles from me. by the pics that I recieved thru email while talking to the owner I couldnt believe the condtion of the car and what he was asking for it. Upon seeing her for the first time I was instantly in love and knew that I was going to gladly take the car off his hands, but I wasnt going to loose my composure and let him see my excitement. so after the test drive and complete examination of the car I was asked "so what do ya think?" I politely smiled and grabbed my wallet and counted out the $1500 he was asking for the car on the hood. This car is by no means a "mint" car, and it does need a little attention to the rockers, but it is a very nice looker and it is a joy to drive. I have always felt that cars are made to be driven and not trailer queens, and mine is a daily driver now. I actually even dropped the insurance on my truck and the car is my sole driver at this point. It has been painted to look like a 83 hurst/olds, but lacks the decal package and it has a vynal top. It is a 307 car with what I guess you can call a sport package. It has front and rear sway bars, limited slip rear, factory rear spoiler, full gauge package with tach, and bucket seats/ center console.
It does however as stated need some rocker work but it is only bubbling, and not rusted thru with huge holes in the body. I plan on making it a winter project and redoing the rockers as well as repainting all the silver on the bottom edge of the body. And at the lower edge of the trunk lid it is startling to bubble so I am looking to replace the lid with a very nice used one if I can find one or do a lot of searching and locate a new one.
I know I have gone on and on, but I tend to get a lil excited when it comes to my baby and people can easily see it lol. Can anyone by chance help me out with locating a rear deck lid online? I am coming up short when I do searches for it.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Oldsdruid

Hate to promote the competition, but visit www.oldspower.com . They're heavy into G-body over there and someone may have a good decklid. Where are you? assuming somewhere in the rust belt with rocker and decklid damage.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:21 AM

yes I am in Erie pa, and the car came from west virginia. the car is by no means rusted out, but the little bit of bubbling is annoying me cause I am a perfectionist when it comes to my vehicles.