The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

hello

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM

Smile hello

hello from mississippi i have a 73 omega not quiet a basket case but its rough
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome to C.O.!
73 was the first year for Omega. I know they have some compatible body panels and parts with Nova, Apollo and Ventura. But the interior dash/front and rear was unique to Olds.

Love to see some pics of your ride and your thoughts on what you have planned for it. Plenty of Omega fans on this site!
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:31 PM

thanks allan how are things in the great north well i've had the omega a few weeks it has a 250 six in it with a three speed with manual drum brakes but it has power steering. But the interior is trashed so that will be a challege drivetrain wise not sure yet i have a built ls1 but the six would be nice.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome - post some pics.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by fenceclimber498
thanks allan how are things in the great north well i've had the omega a few weeks it has a 250 six in it with a three speed with manual drum brakes but it has power steering. But the interior is trashed so that will be a challege drivetrain wise not sure yet i have a built ls1 but the six would be nice.
LOL the 'Great White North' is holding up to it's reputation of cold and frozen most of the year. Really looking forward to Spring. It's been freezing here since October and first major snow (14" heavy wet stuff) was Nov 7.

The Omega sounds like it could be a challenge, but it also sounds like you're up for it. The 250 is a Chevy engine; if you do go LS1 you'll have some modifying to do but then that little car will snarl softly and carry a big stick! If the interior is trashed, I'd do it up custom the way I'd like it. Most folks here prefer to see Olds cars powered by Olds engines, but yours is unique that it never was to start with. (I had a 78 Calais that was Chev 305 4bbl powered from the factory too) Follow your dream on the rebuild. If you go with LS power, post the build thread under this link: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...splay.php?f=76 It's an accepted part of these forums and you'll probably find some folks there who can be most helpful.

If you need some help with attaching pics, here's something that might help you out.

* clik the 'go advanced' tab
* Press the icon that looks like a paper clip; and A 'Manage Attachments' box will appear
* Choose (navigate on your computer to where the pics are stored) and hit 'open'. repeat for all 5 pics.
* Hit 'upload'. It may take a bit of time depending on your pic resolution. If you have ultra high res, you will have to 'resize' them with your picture editor to a 1024X768 size or smaller for the C.O. server to accept them.
* Close the "manage attachments' box.
* Preview your post and the images will be at the bottom
* Hit 'submit post' and the thread will have the images installed at the bottom. Unfortunately you can only do 5 pics at a time this way.

If you have the pics hosted on another web server?
* Copy the IMG url and Press the icon that looks like an envelope with mountains on it. Paste the URL into that box and hit 'ok'. You can install up to 20 images this way.
* Be sure to preview your work.
* Make sure the images don't carry on across the page, stack them for easier viewing.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM

Welcome form the left coast

sounds like a you have some work to do. Please post some progress pictures
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:31 AM

What fence are you climbing?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by fenceclimber498
_
What fence are you climbing?
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO! Sounds like a nice car, those 6 cyl engines were great runners.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM

Smile

hello jaunty its a nickname i picked up when i was dirt racing had a wreak got airborne climbed to the top of the catch fence knocked a couple poles out of the ground and a speaker and the fence so since then thats what all my race buddies call me along with other things
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM

Great story!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM

Smile

yea the wreak cost me my best race car but things happen it is a contract sport lol