The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Francine Alexis and the Wolfman

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Francine Alexis and the Wolfman

What up guys, My names Danny. I'm glad i found this forum. Obviously i'm new the forum but not new to the concept. I have an 07 PT Cruiser Touring Ed named Eve and you can usually find me over at ptcruiserlinks.com/forum. But i will be taking possession of a 71 Detla 88 vert. Her name is Francine Alexis. I don't know to much about her yet but i do know she has a 350 Rocket. I'm getting her for $3k from my uncle in law. he's done a lot of work to her and all i have to do is fix a few things and deal with the cosmetics. I don't mind, i'm all about cosmetic. If you see my PT you'll see what i mean about cosmetics lol.

Here's Eve
1315178544.jpg

Here's Francine

Old December 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM

i forgot to mention that i used to have a 78 Cutlass Supreme. I loved and still love her, where ever she may be now.
1299303650.jpg
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome to the site WolfmanG. We have another Wolfman here so at first I was confused. (what's new with that?). Nice purchase. Looks like the problem areas (fenders,doors and quarters) aren't that bad a shape. If it's just got to go for lipstick and mascara it should be not long before it's cruising?
BTW watch out for Eric (MDchanic) - he paints Delta88's pink.... A very smart guy but likes pink Deltas... He's gonna kill me when/if he reads this....

So, more about the car. What kind of options? What are your plans? I had a 78 Cutlass Calais myself - burgandy roof, silver body.
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM

Hey WolfmanG: Welcome to the Forum. Sell your PT Crusiser now!!!

My friend needs a new waterpump for his car. He has to drop the engine out of it to change the freakin' waterpump!

I work for Chyrsler and I like the looks of those cars! But!!! Dropping the engine just to change the water pump is just too much!

Wow!
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Welcome to the site WolfmanG. We have another Wolfman here so at first I was confused. (what's new with that?). Nice purchase. Looks like the problem areas (fenders,doors and quarters) aren't that bad a shape. If it's just got to go for lipstick and mascara it should be not long before it's cruising?
BTW watch out for Eric (MDchanic) - he paints Delta88's pink.... A very smart guy but likes pink Deltas... He's gonna kill me when/if he reads this....

So, more about the car. What kind of options? What are your plans? I had a 78 Cutlass Calais myself - burgandy roof, silver body.
i haven't spent to much time with the car so i really cant remember what it has. i know i gotta fix the cigarette lighter and change out the power window motors. I was messing with the window motors on my 78 so it shouldn't be that hard on this one. all of the pix i have are when she was getting up to par. When i get her i'll take some pix. She's all solid and everything works fine. i think she's all primer right now but i was thinking of doing her up in a black gloss with red interior lighting.
Old December 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Hey WolfmanG: Welcome to the Forum. Sell your PT Crusiser now!!!

My friend needs a new waterpump for his car. He has to drop the engine out of it to change the freakin' waterpump!

I work for Chyrsler and I like the looks of those cars! But!!! Dropping the engine just to change the water pump is just too much!

Wow!
lol well it's about a $1000 job i think. parts labor. just take off the front pass wheel and the splash guard underneath and everything's there. if he has to change the water pump he might want to change the timing belt too, if it's close or past 100k miles. i mean, might as well do it while the water pump is off. lol i know a lot about pt's and hopefully i'll learn a lot about this 71.
Thanx for the welcome guys.