The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Euroguy

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2015, 03:38 AM

Euroguy

Hi,

I have a 78 Chevy k-10 with 72 olds 350 engine and I currently live in northern europe. Getting parts and opinions is very difficult for me.

I am looking forward to get your assistance.

Regards
Old July 28th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by oldsdale
Hi,

I have a 78 Chevy k-10 with 72 olds 350 engine and I currently live in northern europe. Getting parts and opinions is very difficult for me.

I am looking forward to get your assistance.

Regards
Welcome. Did this truck originally have an Olds 350 diesel? The gas engine swap was pretty common when the diesel crapped out. What parts do you need, specifically? Rockauto.com is a good source for maintenance items and they ship to Europe.
Old July 28th, 2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Welcome. Did this truck originally have an Olds 350 diesel? The gas engine swap was pretty common when the diesel crapped out. What parts do you need, specifically? Rockauto.com is a good source for maintenance items and they ship to Europe.
Hi,
I bought the truck few months ago and according to previous owner it used to have diesel.

I am currently having difficulties with exhaust manifold outlets as I posted here:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post843010

Thank you for the welcome brother.
Old July 28th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, we are full of opinions among other things. Engine parts should be no problem, its just money.
Old July 29th, 2015, 10:58 AM

Thank you. Engine troubleshooting is easier than dealing with exhaust systems in my opinion I had problems with rocker arms, push rods, all those ticking noises and leaks all fixed except the exhaust.