The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Car people are the best

Old May 5th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Car people are the best

Being new to collector cars, I am continually amazed at the great people I meet. Yesterday I took my Cutlass washer/wiper assembly to Midwest Manufacturing for repair. I admit that I am "green" at this hobby, but I am willing to learn from anyone who wants to share their knowledge. Ken at Walsh took the time to bench test the assembly with me watching. He then took the time to explain exactly how the assembly works, and what might be the problem. After confirming that the assembly was working properly, he said he felt that the assembly was misaligned and that I should try to remount and see if it worked. He refused to take dime for his time and effort. I learned more in that 15 minutes that I did in all of Senior year Algebra. I've met some really cool people so far, and I've only had the car for a couple months. I don't want to turn this into an add for Walsh, so if you want their info pm me. They are in the Chicago area.
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:33 AM

Yes I too find car people the Best. When you go to a car show everyone is friendly and willing to answer questions. I find that we are all equal at a show no matter if you are a doctor or gardener there is no distinction. And it doesn't matter if you are driving an all done up car or a work in progress....we are all equal because we all have something in common........we all love cars
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:15 AM

I have had many similar experiences. Car guys seem to enjoy sharing what they know with others.