The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Another newbie in Texas

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM

Another newbie in Texas

Hello everyone, i just joined. My name is Steve, im near College Station, Tx. Im searching for a 67 Olds 442...... had one 40 years ago think i need another one now. Found a few possible cars havnt made a decision yet. Currently have a very nice 65 Corvette Coupe, and a 73 Trans Am. Both very nice cars. Im sure if i buy one of the 442's im looking at i may need some parts, most of which can be bought from resto vendors but not all.
anyway ill study the forums, always interesting and maybe meet some good contacts/friends
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Welcome If you end up getting the car I'm sure you will find all the help you need here. If you decide to stick around I'll send you an invite to the Texas members group where we post event notifications in Texas.
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Old School Olds

Welcome fellow Texan from Marble Falls.
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Welcome from another Texan, good luck with your quest.
Old December 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM

Hello again, hope everyone is doing well and has a nice holiday.
Well i did it, i bought a 67 442 out of california, its a pretty straight car, at least in the pics. just did the deal yesterday, got a hauler onboard today so with any luck MAYBE, ill have the car before christmas......... i hope. The guy i bought the car from has a car lot he deals mostly with exotics i think, he said the car ran for him for about 30 seconds then died. Apparently he didnt do much more to get it up and running. But this gives me hope.He aquired the car this way so he dosent know if the tranny is any good or the rear end. the interior looks great, ie the dash looks perfect, door panels and rear seat look very good, carpet looks good but faded, needs front seat covers. Its buckets with auto console, it appears to have a factory AM/FM radio- i like that. not sure about the headliner. From the pics it appears to be the original motor but who knows- he dosent know. needs paint and minimal body work. It is a factory A/C car, i like that too, more to fix but thats ok. I have certainly started with much worse so this car should be relativly easy to restore. Anyway im excited to get the car and get goin on it. First thing though is to repair my Honda... hit a deer about 2 monthes ago so ill get it repaired first then get to the fun!
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
car guy

Welcome Steve any pics you want to share yet or are you going to hold off to post ones you take in person?
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Hi, i think i will just wait until i get the car and try to post some pics after. Im not sure how to do that yet but ill figure it out. I had a 67 Tahoe Turquoise 4 speed car when i was 18. now im 58...... wow. I love that color and im not big into all original so ill paint this car TT also. Now its red/black. I like the black interior, also same as my 4 spd car. Most all other things will be restored to original except tired, exaust, and other minor things that can easily be made original if needed.

Last edited by steverw; December 11th, 2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: just to add alittle extra
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi Steve,
Welcome to C.O. Looking forward to the pics and projects with your new 67.